Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with SCCS
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with SCCS Post 303020109 by rbatte1 on Friday 13th of July 2018 01:03:54 PM
Old 07-13-2018
Can you retrieve the file from SCCS though? The process does not just 'store your file', it stores a baseline version of your file that you can then work on and have a version history. You should be working on a checked-out version of the file, not looking at what SCCS has stored for itself.

Can you clarify what the problem is?

Kind regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SCCS

I am having some problem while creating a new sccs file. During initial creation of the file the SCCS is not storing the file in actual format with the result that the SCCS file is different from my original file. Any way to avoid this?? Nitin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinmalik
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCCS (Source Code)

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there have experience using the SCCS source code in Unix? If so, can you recommend a good (user friendly) SCCS book for beginner users. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help With Sccs.

Hi , I am currently using Source Code Control System (SCCS) to keep track of my documents. There are several User that update the document. As we all know that after editing it prompts for the comment. But even if somebody just hits return it accepts it. I would like that after the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with SCCS

Hi All, I am just wondering if you could help me with this. Suppose I have a file in SCCS a particular user updates the files aand puts back in sccs . when doing so it proments the user to enter the comment. Basically what I'd expect is the user to enter the changes he or she has made ....... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooh
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

Sccs

Hi Can i know what are the default Source code control system used by hp-ux 9.x,10.x and Solaris9 Regards Charles C. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlcy
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Sccs

Hi Can i know what are the default Source code control system used by hp-ux 9.x,10.x and Solaris9 Regards Charles C. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charlcy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcs,sccs

I am not really sure whether i am posting this question in the right forum.....Can someone tell me why I should go for a rational Clearcase version controller when I can use the version controllers 'rcs' or 'sccs' available in UNIX. I want to know the advantage of Rational over these two. Also, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to make sccs work

I am trying to use SCCS for project development . Can any one list out the basic setup nneded to be done for SCCS . I mean if I create a SCCS directory what all files to create on this . i don't have a root password of the system and I am not going to get one . I saw few post on this forum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akrathi
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

SCCS problem when copying files

I have created a SCCS directory with version 1.1. It has say A.txt (for simplicity) Now updated files are present in other directory. If I copy A.txt it wont be effected in SCCS. How do I make this A.text to be version 1.2?? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superprogrammer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCCS - A slight scripting issue

I used %H%M for hours and minutes within a date variable, to latch the date/time onto the end of a file, the script it was in is now under SCCS control and the %H% is a predefined parameter for SCCS, so it tags a date with a "/" character in it. Is there a way to tell SCCS to ignore anything... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tangent
0 Replies
sccs-help(1)							   User Commands						      sccs-help(1)

NAME
sccs-help, help - ask for help regarding SCCS error or warning messages SYNOPSIS
/usr/ccs/bin/help [argument...] DESCRIPTION
The help utility retrieves information to further explain errors messages and warnings from SCCS commands. It also provides some informa- tion about SCCS command usage. If no arguments are given, help prompts for one. An argument may be a message number (which normally appears in parentheses following each SCCS error or warning message), or an SCCS com- mand name. help responds with an explanation of the message or a usage line for the command. When all else fails, try `/usr/ccs/bin/help stuck'. FILES
/usr/lib/help directory containing files of message text ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sccs(1), sccs-admin(1), sccs-cdc(1), sccs-comb(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), sccs-rmdel(1), sccs-sact(1), sccs- sccsdiff(1), sccs-unget(1), sccs-val(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 sccs-help(1)