Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris More > 1 TB single file cant copy Post 303020098 by MadeInGermany on Friday 13th of July 2018 07:12:25 AM
Old 07-13-2018
type ufs means the filesystem type is UFS.
Where files cannot be greater than 1TB.
Look at my post#5.

Maybe it is possible to compress the data when it is copied to the UFS disk?

Otherwise I see 4 options:
  1. convert the disk to ZFS. Existing data is lost. Back-up first!
  2. get a new SAN disk, create ZFS on it, and copy the data.
  3. convert to NFS. Existing data is lost. Back-up first! Make a NetApp volume, export as NFS, mount as NFS.
  4. get a new NFS share from NetApp, mount it, copy the data.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Gentoo

How to copy single partition?

I presently backup my multi-OS multi-paritition boot drive (fedora core 4/ext3, WinXPServer/NTFS, WinXPHome/FAT32) with the command: telinit 1; cp /dev/sda /dev/sdb And this works. Is there a command to only copy a single partition instead of an entire device? And what about the grub... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy data into a single file plus title

Hi Can anyone help me with the task below? Example: The contents in fileA.txt are: HELLO HOW DO U DO? The contents in fileA.txt are: HI I AM FINE. how to combine the data in 2 files into one with the format below? Case A-fileA.txt HELLO HOW DO U DO? Case B-fileB.txt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0384
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy single file to multiple directories

Please help - I need to copy a single file to multiple directories. Dir structure: Parent_Directoy Filename1 Child_Directory1 Child_Directory2 Child_Directory3 Child_Directory4 .... So I need to copy Filename1 to all of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kthatch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip single file and untar single file

Dear friends, My requirement below- 1] I have a zip file on unix server - ETL_Extracts_20100218175009.zip which is composed of various entity extracts namely... ENTITY1.txt, ENTITY2.txt, ENTITY3.txt etc.... How do I unzip only a single file ..say ENTITY2.txt from this zip file. CAn you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

revision of copy script to allow for single quote

I have the following script that I use to copy a list of files from one dir to another, #!/usr/bin/bash # $1=filename of file with the list of files to copy # $2=column header for col in list file with filenames (filePath in most cases) # $3=src dir # $3=destination dir FILE_LIST="$1"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to extract data from single first cell and copy it notepad?

how to extract data from single first cell and copy it notepad sample source IN EXCEL DD-MM-YYYY LOANNUM LOANPARTID OUTPUT IN NOTEPAD DD-MM-YYYY I WANT ALONE DATE SHOULD BE EXTRACTED FROM EXCEL AND COPY IT IN NOTEPAD CAN ANYONE HELP REGARDING THIS USING SCRIPTS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gchandu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy a 2 Volume mksysb backup to a single tape?

Hi, I have an mksysb backup which consists of 2 Volume, how do I combine it into a single Volume or tape ? Appreciate it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXBlueCat
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files recursively to one single directory

I need to copy a complete directory structure into a new location. But I want to have all files copied into one directory and leave out the directory structure. So all files must be placed in one directory. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ReneVL
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy local files to single remote host but multiple folders using rsync

I'm trying to copy a file myfile.scr from my local Linux server to multiple folders on remote AiX server using single rsync command. Below command helps me copy the file "myfile.scr" from my localhost to a remote host folder "/app/deployment/tmpfiles" rsync --delay-updates -F --compress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
gnomevfs-copy(1)						   User Commands						  gnomevfs-copy(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-copy - copy a file from one VFS location to another SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-copy source-URI destination-URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-copy is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-copy. See gvfs-copy(1). gnomevfs-copy copies a file from one URI location to another, using the virtual file system. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: source-URI Specifies the source file location in standard URI format. destination-URI Specifies the destination file or directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Copying a File From a Web Server to a Local File example% gnomevfs-copy http://www.sun.com file:///home/user/index.html ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-copy Executable to copy a file from one VFS location to another ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-cat(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-copy(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-copy(1)