Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access a complete flow with CURL + bash shell Post 303019307 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 26th of June 2018 04:17:51 PM
Old 06-26-2018
If your URL is in a file named inputURL, and you want the result stored in file pageText. You should use:

Code:
curl --cookie-jar my-cookies --url $(< inputURL) > pageText

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

BASH complete-filename & menu-complete together

Hi, Does anyone know how to make BASH provide a list of possible completions on the first tab, and then start cycling through the possibilites on the next tab? Right now this is what I have in my .bashrc: bind "set show-all-if-ambiguous on" bind \\C-o:menu-complete This allows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mithu
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script idea using cUrl -- possible?

I have an alias already in my .bash_profile to download files using cUrl's -o (output to file, user provides the file name) option. I find I'm using it quite a bit, so I wanted to write a script to run "curl -o", taking the necessary inputs - file name and URL from which to download - and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilversleevesX
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash curl escape & in url

I'm running a curl command in bash, but the & in the middle causes the second half of the line to run in the background, here's what I'm trying to do: lat="37.451" lon="-122.18" url="http://ws.geonames.org/findNearestAddress?lat=$lat&lng=$lon" curl -s "$url" I tried escaping the & with \&,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Curl to Access PayPal

can anyone please help me with this? i know paypal is a secure site, so a code like the below would be needed. but that's where i get stuck. curl -s -K https://www.paypal.com I need to be able to curl to paypal and download a list of latest purchases. i know there HAS to be a way to do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with make sure shell script execute instruction in flow

Hi, I want to write a shell script to make sure all the instruction is executive in flow. eg. I want my shell script to run finish this two progress first: ./program input_file_1.txt > input_file_1.txt.out & ./program input_file_2.txt > input_file_2.txt.out & After then, only run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with control flow in a Bash script

In my bash script I want to say "if argument 2 is anything except x, y or z, than echo this" (x y and z being words). So my script looks like this: if ] then echo "unrecognized input: $2" fi This usually works but than I also want to say "if argument 2 IS x, y, or z, but argument 4 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jrodicon
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Bash: menu-complete and reverse

Hi, In the archives I found this: And this works fine. $if mode=vi "\C-0-": digit-argument TAB: menu-complete "\e But what I want is to reverse this. So I want that tab does reverse menu completion and shift tab does normal menu completion. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozkanb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl won't complete in a script but does from prompt. Idea?

On RHEL5 from within both a shell (sh->bash) and a csh script curl fails with a "curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'application'" error. This is the result whether run as a command at the shell and/or c-shell prompt and curl also fails with the same error when the scripts are "source'd" at the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in bash script

Hello. I have pick up a script from internet to track errors from curl command. #!/bin/bash # URL_TO_TEST="http://www.xxxxxx.yyy" MY_VAR=curl_init("$URL_TO_TEST") ; curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access a complete flow with CURL + bash shell

Hello Experts , I have an use case which needed your help . I have been using google for 2 days buy couldn`t succed , i believe i can get the help here. Here is my use case to run on bash shell 1. Access an URL -- in script , it will be mentioned as inputURL 2. Once i accessed the URL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies
curl_easy_escape(3)						  libcurl Manual					       curl_easy_escape(3)

NAME
curl_easy_escape - URL encodes the given string SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> char *curl_easy_escape( CURL *curl, char *url, int length ); DESCRIPTION
This function converts the given input string to an URL encoded string and returns that as a new allocated string. All input characters that are not a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '-', '.', '_' or '~' are converted to their "URL escaped" version (%NN where NN is a two-digit hexadecimal num- ber). If the length argument is set to 0 (zero), curl_easy_escape(3) uses strlen() on the input url to find out the size. You must curl_free(3) the returned string when you're done with it. AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.4 and replaces the old curl_escape(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to a zero terminated string or NULL if it failed. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_unescape(3), curl_free(3), RFC2396 libcurl 7.15.4 7 April 2006 curl_easy_escape(3)