Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Picking up last two specific files, for transfer Post 303019275 by RudiC on Tuesday 26th of June 2018 07:43:21 AM
Old 06-26-2018
Is that always the same running number, i.e. 700 in above? Are the files created in that sequence, i.e. *700* are the newest? Do respective deposit_* and Withdrawal_* files have identical timestamps?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do i transfer files

Im trying to transfers a file from one unix server to another , make some changes and then send it back to the original server. All this using modems. I've been using "cu" and i can "get" the file but i can't "put" it. Besides I need to do this using a shell script. I can write a script to get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phsoft
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfer of specific file content to another file

What commands do you need to transfer a specfic portion of a file content to another file? eg file_one has 00012 10012 00013 10013 00014 10014 So I just want to transfer all the values of the second column ie 10012, 10013, 10014 to be transferred to file_two? Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mem101
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to transfer files

(0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spoonman
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to transfer files

please help me to transfer files from one server to another one i am having problem in it thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankaj001np
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying specific files from remote m/c to specific folders

Hi All, I am trying to rsync some of the latest files from remote m/c to my local linux box. Folder structure in my remote m/c looks like this /pub/Nightly/Package/ROLL/WIN /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/sol /pub/Nightly/Package/SOLL/linux Each of the folder contains gzip files which on daily... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhoomsharabi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer Of Files

How to transfer the files in windows server to the unix server by using the unix or ftp commands? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent ...pls Sorting files based on timestamp and picking the latest file

Hi Friends, Newbie to shell scripting. Currently i have used the below to sort data based on filenames and datestamp $ printf '%s\n' *.dat* | sort -t. -k3,4 filename_1.dat.20120430.Z filename_2.dat.20120430.Z filename_3.dat.20120430.Z filename_1.dat.20120501.Z filename_2.dat.20120501.Z... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting files based on timestamp and picking the latest file

Hi Friends, Newbie to shell scripting Currently i have used the below to sort data based on filenames and datestamp $ printf '%s\n' *.dat* | sort -t. -k3,4 filename_1.dat.20120430.Z filename_2.dat.20120430.Z filename_3.dat.20120430.Z filename_1.dat.20120501.Z filename_2.dat.20120501.Z... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertbrown624
12 Replies

9. Linux

How to transfer files...

Hi guys, ok so, how do you go about networking between Windows and Linux so that I can transfer files between each other? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Picking up files conditionally

Hi I have a scenario: I have a directory say DIR1 (no sub directories) and have few files in that directory as given below: app-cnd-imp-20150820.txt app-cxyzm-imp-20150820.txt app-petco-imp-20150820.txt app-mobility-imp-20150820.txt app-mobility-imp-20150821.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
7 Replies
PROCESSCSV.PY(1)					      Virtualization Support						  PROCESSCSV.PY(1)

NAME
processcsv.py - process virt-top CSV files SUMMARY
virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv DESCRIPTION
virt-top is a top(1)-like utility for showing stats of virtualized domains. processcsv.py is a simple Python script that post-processes the output of "virt-top --csv". It is used like this: virt-top --csv data.csv processcsv.py < data.csv The second command will overwrite the following files in the current directory: "global.csv" This contains the global (host) statistics columns from the CSV file. "domainNN.csv" (multiple files) For each libvirt domain ID NN, a file is created containing the per-domain statistics from the CSV file. SEE ALSO
virt-top(1) AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones <rjones @ redhat . com> COPYRIGHT
(C) Copyright 2007-2012 Red Hat Inc., Richard W.M. Jones http://libvirt.org/ This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. virt-top-1.0.8 2013-12-29 PROCESSCSV.PY(1)