Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed multiline problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed multiline problem Post 303019238 by RudiC on Monday 25th of June 2018 03:33:07 PM
Old 06-25-2018
Without digging deeper: try \r\n (in lieu of \n alone) in the substitute command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline replace problem

I have a data of the form 0.0117843924 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.011036017 0. 0. 0. 0. 0.0103351669 0. 0. 0. 0. 4839.41211 0. 0. 0. 0. 4532.08203 0. 0. 0. 0. I would like to insert a couple of blank lines before the 4839 line, every time it appears. The numbers in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathis
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete multiline string from file using sed.

Hi, I have file which has the following content... GOOD MORNING **********WARNING********** when it kicks from the kickstart, sshd daemon should start at last. (WHEN KICKING ITSELF, NOT AFTER KICKING). /etc/rc3.d/S55sshd ( run level specification for sshd is 55, now I would want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline pattern search using sed or awk

Hi friends, Could you please help me to resolve the below issue. Input file :- <Node> <username>abc</username> <password>ABC</password> <Node> <Node> <username>xyz</username> <password>XYZ</password> <Node> <Node> <username>mnp</username> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiline substitution if a condition holds

Hi. I have the following text file (more precisely a Matlab script): dummy1 = 5; varx = 'false'; dummy2 = 6; % ... some general commands % ... dummy3 = 7; vary = 'option1'; dummy4 = 8; Using sed I want to do the following action: IF varx = 'false' vary='NEW_VALUE_1'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsrn
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed multiline pattern match

How can I write a script that takes a cisco config file and outputs every occurrence of two, or more, pattern matches through the whole config file? For example, out of a config file, i want to print out every line with interface, description and ip address through the whole file, and disregard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: knownasthatguy
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Multiline sed help!!

Hey everyone, I'm new to sed and I need to create a script for inserting one line of code at the beginning of every method in a Xcode project (over 6,000 methods). Each method Structure is (+ or -) (Various declarations-- could span multiple lines) ({) I've tried for days, any guidance would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to extract a multiline subject from a mail message

I'm trying to extract a subject from a mail message but my subject example has 2 lines. How can I manage to extract it and write a string at the end of it? Consider this example: From: test@domain.com Subject: Re: U =?ISO-8859-1?Q?qu=EA=3F!=3F!=3F!!_wtff_=E7=E3o_=ED=F3?= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twisterbr
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline sed

Hi guys, I am fairly comfortable with using the sed command if the string to be replaced is all on a single line. I was wondering is it possible to use sed command in a multiline way ? Say for example I have the below string on 2 different lines: { "key": "brandNameA", ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed]: Substitute a string with a multiline value

Dear all, I try to replace a string of characters in a file (MyFile.txt) by a multiline value of the variable "Myvar": $ cat MyFile.txt DESCRIPTION '@TargetTable SCHEMA' ( @InputFlowDef ); $ The content of Myvar: $ echo "$Myvar" col1 , col2 , col3 $ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies
fdim(3M)																  fdim(3M)

NAME
fdim(), fdimf(), fdiml(), fdimw(), fdimq() - positive difference functions SYNOPSIS
HP Integrity Server Only DESCRIPTION
The function determines the positive difference between its arguments. Integrity Server Only is a version of it takes arguments and returns a result. is a version of it takes arguments and returns a result. is an version of it takes arguments and returns an result. is equivalent to on HP-UX systems. USAGE
To use this function, compile either with the default option or with the and options. To use (for Integrity servers) or compile with the option. Make sure your program includes Link in the math library by specifying on the compiler or linker command line. RETURN VALUE
The function returns the positive difference between x and y. If x y, returns x y (and raises any exceptions resulting from the subtraction). If x y, returns +zero. If x or y is NaN, returns NaN. If both arguments are NaNs, returns NaN. returns a positively signed infinity in lieu of a value whose magnitude is too large, and raises the overflow and inexact exceptions. ERRORS
No errors are defined. SEE ALSO
fdim(3M), fmin(3M), math(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
: ISO/IEC C99 (including Annex F, ``IEC 60559 floating-point arithmetic'') fdim(3M)