Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error? Post 303019231 by RudiC on Monday 25th of June 2018 02:46:52 PM
Old 06-25-2018
Hey - where did you buy your crystal ball? I really would like to know in advance when my code is going to work, and when it will fail.

Does that directory 062518 exist?
And, are you sure the error message comes from above code snippet? 062518 does not correspond to the strftime format string %d%m%y . . .

Last edited by RudiC; 06-25-2018 at 03:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run perl code within a shell script...?

Hi, I have a sheel script that invokes a perl script...Now, instead havin the perl script as a separate file I'd like put the contents in the sheel script itself...But I am not sure how ro run that perl script contents.please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compile & Run Java Code

The java program is a part of speech tagger -> The Stanford NLP (Natural Language Processing) Group The goal is to use this script as part of a webpage to tag parts of speech based on a user-inputted string. I have no idea what to do with the files - I'm a complete *nix noob. I tried running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW to run a bash-code in a c-shell script ??

Is there a way to run some code in a C-shell script by different shell, like bash? I have that situation. I have prepared and perfectly workable bash-skript that now I have to execute under C-shell script, divide it on steps and without creating a new files (with the bash-code parts.) For... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Why code run not correctly

Hi there can anyone help me here is my code echo "Type in a positive number" read X I=2 while do if then echo "It is not prime" break else if then echo "It is prime" break else I=$(( $I + 1)) fi fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to search for a phrase and run a command

hi All, Am newbie to unix and would require your help to complete this task. Condition: I have a server start up script and I would like to append the code in such a way that it searches for a phrase "process completed" in taillog when server starts up and also should run another script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[SOLVED] Code does not run when assigned to a variable

I am more of a newbie, but wanted to post this in this forum as I was afraid no one would look at it in unix forums as it concerns shell scripting. I have a shell script that now runs fine with the exclusion of one line: x=`su nbadmin -c "ssh -t servery /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bplist -C... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who -u gives different output if run from cron than if run from terminal?

If I run 'who -u' interactively or from a script invoked through bash in a tty on my Ubuntu 12LTS box I get an output like this: testuser pts/0 Dec 9 02:32 . 2163 (host.xx.yy) running the same through cron I get: testuser pts/0 2012-12-09 02:32 00:05 2163... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: latimer
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script, but not let user see code?

Hi, I want to deploy a (perl) script, in Linux. (Red Hat 7). Is there a way to protect the script itself from being viewed by the user, but still allow the user to run the script? I dont want the user to be able to see the source code of the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash code will not run

Why doesn't the code below run? Am I missing something? Thank you :). syntax() { printf "\n\n" printf "Enter HGVS description of variant(s): "; IFS="," read -a hgvs && printf "\n Nothijng entered. Leaving match function." && sleep 2 && return for ((i=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

If you run macOS High Sierra version 10.13.1, be sure to install today's update.

Some hackers found a security hole in macOS High Sierra and tweeted it to the world before telling Apple about the problem. You can see the details from PC Magazine's daily news here: Apple Releases Fix for MacOS High Sierra 'Root' Bug. The original story this morning was published before a patch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Don Cragun
6 Replies
hx509 error functions(3)					Heimdalx509library					  hx509 error functions(3)

NAME
hx509 error functions - Functions void hx509_clear_error_string (hx509_context context) void hx509_set_error_stringv (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char *fmt, va_list ap) void hx509_set_error_string (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char *fmt,...) char * hx509_get_error_string (hx509_context context, int error_code) void hx509_free_error_string (char *str) void hx509_err (hx509_context context, int exit_code, int error_code, const char *fmt,...) Detailed Description See the Hx509 error reporting functions for description and examples. Function Documentation void hx509_clear_error_string (hx509_context context) Resets the error strings the hx509 context. Parameters: context A hx509 context. void hx509_err (hx509_context context, int exit_code, int error_code, const char * fmt, ...) Print error message and fatally exit from error code Parameters: context A hx509 context. exit_code exit() code from process. error_code Error code for the reason to exit. fmt format string with the exit message. ... argument to format string. void hx509_free_error_string (char * str) Free error string returned by hx509_get_error_string(). Parameters: str error string to free. char* hx509_get_error_string (hx509_context context, int error_code) Get an error string from context associated with error_code. Parameters: context A hx509 context. error_code Get error message for this error code. Returns: error string, free with hx509_free_error_string(). void hx509_set_error_string (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char * fmt, ...) See hx509_set_error_stringv(). Parameters: context A hx509 context. flags o HX509_ERROR_APPEND appends the error string to the old messages (code is updated). code error code related to error message fmt error message format ... arguments to error message format void hx509_set_error_stringv (hx509_context context, int flags, int code, const char * fmt, va_list ap) Add an error message to the hx509 context. Parameters: context A hx509 context. flags o HX509_ERROR_APPEND appends the error string to the old messages (code is updated). code error code related to error message fmt error message format ap arguments to error message format Version 1.5.2 11 Jan 2012 hx509 error functions(3)