Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Shell /awk script for Percentage Post 303019141 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 24th of June 2018 12:18:06 AM
Old 06-24-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikirans
Thanks Singh, command looks good for me. If there are strings in between , can we ignore this and add as NA
Code:
A|B
100|50 
200|200
DDD|DDD

Expected-
Code:
A|B|C
100|50|50%
200|200|100%
DDD|DDD|NA

Hello kartikirans,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.

Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}FNR==1{print $0,"C";next} {sub(/ +$/,"");$(NF+1)=$1~/[0-9/+/||$2~/[0-9]+/?($2/$1)*100"%":"NA"} 1'  Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk percentage

how would you calculate percentage by per line? Given a column of 16 lines, grab each line and divide it by the sum of the entire column and multiply by 100? thanks ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockiefx
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an AWK script to calculate the percentage

Hi I need a awk script to calculate percentage. I have to pass the pararmeters in to the awk script and calculate the percentage. Sum = 50 passed = 43 failed = 7 I need to pass these value in to the awk script and calculate the percentage. Please advice me. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to count percentage from log file

Hi, I have a log like this : actually i want to get the log like this : where % can get from : 100 * pmTotNoRrcConnectReqSucc / pmTotNoRrcConnectReq Thanks in advance.. :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script shell, how to calculate percentage?

hello, please can you help me. jj and kk are two numbers which are the result of an sql program. I would like to calculate the ratio jj/kk*100. I have done this: ratio=$((jj/kk * 100)) or ratio=`expr $jj \/ expr $kk) but the result is 0 What can i do? Thanks for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: likeaix
3 Replies

5. Programming

Shell script to find Percentage?

Hi all, I havea log of data.log bear,10000,white bear,5000,black chicken,2000,white chicken,4000,yellow chicken,3000,black lion,6000,yellow lion,1000,white How can we have shell script to get the percentage of each animals? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk script to calculate the percentage of value field and replace

Need an awk script to calculate the percentage of value field and replace I have a input file called file.txt with the following content: john|622.5674603562933|8|br:1;cn:3;fr:1;jp:1;us:2 andy|0.0|12|**:3;br:1;ca:2;de:2;dz:1;fr:2;nl:1 in fourth filed of input file, calulate percentage of each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need an awk script to calculate the percentage of value field and replace

I have a input file called file.txt with the following content: john|622.5674603562933|8|br:1;cn:3;fr:1;jp:1;us:2 andy|0.0|12|**:3;br:1;ca:2;de:2;dz:1;fr:2;nl:1 in fourth filed of input file, calulate percentage of each sub filed seperated by ; semicolon and replace value with percentage . i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find percentage - awk

Please help me with this ... Input file /vol/test1 10G /vol/test2 1G /vol/test3 200G /vol/test4 3G Output File /vol/test1 10G - - 9G - /vol/test2 1024M - - 921M - /vol/test3 200G - - 180G - /vol/test4 3072M - - 2764M - Basically if Column 2 ( which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Percentage / Multiplication in Shell Script

Hello, I am trying to compute the percentage in a script as shown below: PerCover=`echo "scale=2 ; 100 \* ($InputCover/$Total)" | bc` However the PerCover value is blank/null. What do I need to do differently? Thanks for your input! ~Guss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Working out percentage in shell script

Hi All, I currently have a shell script which is pulling multiple counters from various sources. Due to the counters being cumulative counters I've got some code to work out the delta from the last reading and current which is working fine. The problem i have now is being able to work out the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)