Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Short Disk Read
Operating Systems Solaris Short Disk Read Post 303018938 by Stellaman1977 on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 01:14:53 PM
Old 06-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
I assume a hardware bug here.
Either the DVD drive is broken, or the memory bank (one of its DIMMs) that maps the I/O is broken.
Set diag-switch? to true and diag-level to max, and reset, then it should run a full memory test!

Thanks! Could you please tell me how to set. I tried
Code:
ok> diag

which didn't work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

read removable disk

Hello I am trying to read from a small disk , 256 MB , removable sandisk.I am not able to access the device. The system does not recognise my disk to copy file s from the disk. Please post your solution in this issue. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: singh85
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

I need read data from Disk,please help

Hallo, can You help me with this problem: I have Hard Disk with "SCO Server Release 5.0" and I need read the data from the disk. Know You how can I do it? I only know that the file system is ISC UNIX . I test FreeBSD, but I can not mount the disk (with error message "incorrect super block").... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fik
7 Replies

3. SCO

Read a SCO floppy disk under another OS...

I have formatted a floppy disk under SCO unix. Is there a way I could read this disk under another operating system e.g. Windows or Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgertsos
1 Replies

4. SCO

i can't read hard disk scsi

i was installing i my computer windows xp and sco when i use knoppix5.0 live to read scsi partition wish sco was installing show me message that i have not permission to acces in scsi hard drive help me please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to read EMC disk space

Hi I am using Solaris8.I want to find the total disk space of my server.Can anyone please tell that which field in below mentioned code signifies the disk space and whether this space is in Mb or GB. c11t0d52 <EMC-SYMMETRIX-5264 cyl 4 alt 2 hd 15 sec 64> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk read and write speed.

Being a novice user to linux i m little unaware of how would i check disk read write speed. One of my mate is suggesting to create a file using dd command and check how much time it takes to create a 30 gb file . I think this has a little sense however i would also like to take your reviews... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to read a disk label?

Hi there, I'm wondering how to display a disk label (why not edit it but I don't need that yet). I found several commands on forums like disklabel and diskinfo but I can't find them on my system and don't know the package they belong to. Can you help me? Cheers Santiago (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Read/Write Data on CD/RW Disk

Would simply like to write data (no audio) to a CD/RW disk. The disk drive states CD/RW on the front but don't know for sure if the software is configured to recognize it as a writable disk. I can read/move data from the disk to the hard drive with no issue from the disk. Any help in this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jes1trish
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

10. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies
NS820-DIAG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     NS820-DIAG(8)

NAME
ns820-diag - EEPROM setup and diagnostic program for ethernet cards based on the National Semiconductor DP83820 chip series. SYNOPSIS
ns820-diag [options] DESCRIPTION
ns820-diag is a program that you can use to diagnose problems with ethernet cards based on the National Semiconductor DP83820 chip series. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help Show summary of options. -V, --version Show version of program. -v, --verbose Verbose mode. -q, --quiet Be very unverbose. -# <cardnum> Use card number <cardnum>. -a, --show_all_registers Print all registers. -e, --show-eeprom Dump EEPROM contents to stdout. -E, --emergency-rewrite Re-write a corrupted EEPROM. -p, --port-base <port> Specify port to use. -A, --Advertise <mediaype> Advertise media type. Valid Options are: 10baseT, 100baseT4, 100baseTx, 100baseTx-FD, 100baseTx-HD, 10baseT-FD and 10baseHD. -F, --new-interface <interface> Interface number. Options that make sense are: 10baseT, 10base2, AUI, 100baseTx, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTx-FDX, 100baseT4, 100baseFx, 100baseFx-FDX, MII and Autosense. -H, --new-hwaddress <address> Set card to a new hardware address. -m, --show-mii Dump MII management registers. -R, --reset Reset the transceiver. -T, --test Do register and SRAM test. -w, --write-EEPROM <values> Write to the EEPROMS with the specified values. Do not use this, if you do not know what you do! -f, --force-detection Try to identify the card, even if it is active. -t, --chip-type <card> Explicitly set the chip. To get all valid numbers, run ns820-diag with the options '-t -1'. SEE ALSO
mii-diag(8) AUTHOR
ns820-diag was written and is still maintained by Donald Becker <becker@scyld.com>. This manual page was written by Alain Schroeder <alain@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). February 18, 2002 NS820-DIAG(8)