Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: M5000 won't power up
Special Forums Hardware M5000 won't power up Post 303018928 by goya on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 09:08:35 AM
Old 06-19-2018
no support since its older. just a company that swaps parts. I did try the power on each domain and same result , did no reset fault, what command does that? I will try and find it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

2. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi, I 've a fully loaded M5000 which i would like to partition in 4 domains but i have a concern that since we have only 4 internal disks how can we partition the box in for domains with 2 disks ( mirrored ) in each domain. Should i go ahead with 1 Lun from SAN and 1 internal disk for each of 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

M5000 Question

Hi i 've a M5000 running 2 domains in my Lab with following hardconf SPARC Enterprise M5000; Memory_Size:128 GB; +-----------------------------------+------------+ | FRU | Quantity | +-----------------------------------+------------+ | MBU_B... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to start SunVTS on M5000

Please advise. Thank you bash-3.00# cd /usr/sunvts/bin/ bash-3.00# ls bios.bin iobushangscript.sh stopsunvts vtsprobe cmos.bin javabridge.jar sunlink vtsreportgenerate dispatcher loadVtsServer svmVolDiskList vtstalk env6test... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
6 Replies

5. Hardware

Sun/Oracle M5000 Question

I have an M5K with disk issues I'm trying to troubleshoot, and it's causing me some confusion. I know the host has four on-board HDDs, but the format command's output shows c0t0d0, c0t1d0, c3t0d0, and c3t1d0. cfgadm -al shows c0t3d0 as the DVD-ROM drive, and c1 and c2 as SAN disks. Confused yet? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desertdenizen
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

M5000 Xscf

I took over an M5000 and have a jumper server with a nic to connect to the console IP of an M5000. access via ssh user@ip. it was working fine, another person can connect remotely on the subnet, but when I ssh,it just hangs and then times out. so my question is, any ideas of what I might... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrodgers
4 Replies

7. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
FTWHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual							FTWHICH(1)

NAME
ftwhich - fault tolerant search for a command name SYNOPSIS
ftwhich [-#hIp][-t#] program_name DESCRIPTION
ftwhich is a fault tolerant version of the which(1) command. ftwhich searches for a given program in all directories included in your PATH environment variable and reports all files with a name that approximately matches the given program_name. ftwhich achieves fault tolerance by calculating the so called Weighted Levenshtein Distance. The Levenshtein Distance is defined as the minimum number of character insertions, deletions and replacements that transform a string A into a string B. ftwhich is similar to the which command with the following differences: - ftwhich is by default NOT case sensitive - ftwhich is fault tolerant - Some shells have a build in which command that will also search aliases. ftwhich can naturally not search for aliases as it does not know about alias definitions. - ftwhich lists all files that approximately match. The files first shown take preference over files of the same name printed later as they are from directories listed earlier in the PATH. - The level of fault tolerance can be adjusted by specifying the optional parameter tolerance. A tolerance of 0 specifies exact match. OPTIONS
-h Prints help/usage information. -I Do case sensitive search (default is case in-sensitive) -p print the actual distance value in front of the found filename. This value is equal to the number of insertions, deletions and replacements necessary to transform the name of the found program into the search key. -# or -t# Set the fault tolerance level to #. The fault tolerance level is an integer in the range 0-255. It specifies the maximum number of errors permitted in finding the approximate match. The default tolerance is (strlen(searchpattern) - number of wildcards)/6 + 1 program_name The program file to search for. '*' and '?' can be used as wildcards. '?' denotes one single character. '*' denotes an arbitrary number of characters. The last argument to ftwhich is not parsed for options as the program needs at least one program_name argument. This means that ftwhich -x will not complain about a wrong option but search for the program named -x. EXAMPLE
Search for all programs like gcc in your PATH: ftwhich gcc This will e.g. find gcc or cc or CC ... To find all files that start with any prefix and end in config and differ in 2 letters from the word config: ftwhich -2 '*config' To find all files that exactly start with the prefix if: ftwhich -0 'if*' To find all clock programs: ftwhich -0 '*clock*' BUGS
The wildcards '?' and '*' can not be escaped. These characters function always as wildcards. This is however not a big problem since there is normally hardly any command that has these characters in its name. AUTHOR
Guido Socher (guido@linuxfocus.org) SEE ALSO
whichman(1), ftff(1) Search utilities January 1999 FTWHICH(1)