Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cannot start system-log on Solaris 10 Post 303018921 by michael_hoang on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 07:19:20 AM
Old 06-19-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
I would be looking long and hard for possible formating errors in syslog.conf.

Also did you remember to:

Code:
# svcadm refresh system/system-log

thanks hicksd8 for your reply.
i am also concerning about syslog.conf format. However, we have reverted the changes by replacing the backup file. Then the system-log still in maintenance mode.
I have done the svcadm refresh system-log but issue still persists.
Is there any different between svcadm refresh system-log and svcadm refresh system/system-log?

Regards
Michael

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Log for Sun Solaris 2.6

G'day. I have some questions on the Sun Solaris 2.6 OS. I would appreciate if you could refer me some write up or information on the following questions. 1. Terminal Time Out feature ? - Is this OS capable of doing this ? If the terminal is idle for a certain time of period. The system should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbtan
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to start the x window system

hi, am new to hp-ux, i just bought an hp-ux with the hp-ux 11.0 os, is very old, and i wnat to start the x window system but it send an error that said that couldn't open the x server, i try startx, xinit, and nothing, and also where i can find tutorials for hp-ux os for beginners (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

3. SCO

System will not start

I am running OpenServer 5.0.5a on a Compaq Proliant 800. When trying to start the system it goes through loading everything and at the end I get the following message. WARNING: hd: no root disk controller was found H iinit ime Loadable Driver May be requiredG drain8042 PANIC: srmontfun -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlb1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job at system start up

I want to know if there is a way to make a certain set of programs start in order at system startup with cron or something else i dont know about. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i reinstall unix or solaris if i can't log into the system?

I just got a Sun solaris workstation from my friend but i don't know the password to his username. I have all the software but i dont know how to reinstall the operating system without logging in first. I dont need any of the info already on the system. Someone please help :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoops31237
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xend cannot start in my system

Hi all,,i'm sorry if my post is repost..but i'm need help about my problem... My specifications is : Sony Vaio VGN CR-323 Intel Dual-Core T2390(1.86 GHz) Memory 2GB DDR Harddisk 200GB with Debian lenny 2.6.26-1-686 i'm install xen via apt-get install xen blah..blah blah root@hell:~#... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demhyt
4 Replies

7. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding hdparm to system start-up

Hi, I have read about a vulnerability that allows to lock any IDE/SATA hard drive with a password, unless the BIOS "freezes" the drive's (no-password) status. Even though less secure, this protection can also be archieved by software (only few BIOSes have that feature). hdparm offers a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gunther
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How to start system console in ELOM?

Hi, The system is Sun x4150. I use putty ssh to access to it. I can't start system console: (hung) Any help will be greatly appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

How to start in System Administration?

Hi all, I wonder if you guys could give me some advice on this. I have messed around with Linux for the last few years, and I'm at the point where I would like to become a system administrator - as a career. I already have a bachelor's degree, but it is in the humanities (art history) so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScottLew
2 Replies
tnd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   tnd(1M)

NAME
tnd - trusted network daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/tnd [-p poll-interval] DESCRIPTION
The tnd (trusted network daemon) initializes the kernel with trusted network databases and also reloads the databases on demand from an LDAP server and local files. tnd follows the order specified in the nsswitch.conf file when loading configuration databases. tnd is started at the beginning of the boot process. tnd loads two databases into the kernel: the remote host database, tnrhdb and the remote-host template database, tnrhtp. These databases and their effect on the trusted network are described in their respective man pages. When the associated LDAP database or local databases are changed, tnd also updates the local kernel cache at the predetermined interval. If a local trusted networking database file is modified, the administrator should run tnchkdb(1M) to check the syntax, and should also run svcadm refresh svc:/network/tnd to initiate an immediate database scan by tnd. tnd is intended to be started from an smf(5) script and to run in the global zone. The following signals cause specific svcadm actions: SIGHUP Causes svcadm refresh svc:/network/tnd to be run. Initiates a rescan of the local and LDAP tnrhdb and tnrhtp databases. tnd updates the kernel database with any changes found. SIGTERM Causes svcadm disable svc:/network/tnd to be run. Terminates the tnd daemon. No changes are made to the kernel database. Running tnd in debug mode is determined by the value of the following service management facility (SMF) property: tnd/debug_level = 0 A value of 0, as above, prevents debug information from being collected; 1 turns on debugging. The default value is 0. Debug output is sent to the /var/tsol/tndlog log file. OPTIONS
-p poll-interval Set poll interval to poll-interval seconds. The default poll-interval is 1800 seconds (30 minutes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Changing the Poll Interval The following command changes the polling interval to one hour, and puts this interval in the SMF repository. At the next boot, the tnd poll interval will be one hour. # svccfg -s network/tnd setprop tnd/poll_interval=3600 The following command changes the polling interval, but does not update the repository. At the next boot, the tnd poll interval remains the default, 30 minutes. # tnd -p 3600 FILES
/etc/security/tsol/tnrhdb Trusted network remote-host database /etc/security/tsol/tnrhtp Trusted network remote-host templates /etc/security/tsol/tnzonecfg Trusted zone configuration database /etc/nsswitch.conf Configuration file for the name service switch ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The command invocation is Committed. The service is Private. SEE ALSO
svcs(1), svcadm(1M), tninfo(1M), tnctl(1M), tnchkdb(1M), nsswitch.conf(4), attributes(5), smf(5) How to Synchronize Kernel Cache With Network Databases in Solaris Trusted Extensions Administrator's Procedures NOTES
The functionality described on this manual page is available only if the system is configured with Trusted Extensions. The tnd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/tnd The service's status can be queried by using svcs(1). Administrative actions on this service, such as requests to restart the daemon, can be performed using svcadm(1M), as in: svcadm restart svc:/network/tnd SunOS 5.11 15 May 2008 tnd(1M)