Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed for a script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help needed for a script Post 303018918 by stomp on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 06:34:40 AM
Old 06-19-2018
Hi patitapaban,

Please provide the following:
  • sample data of the various tables
  • sample data of the desired output
  • information about the platform(os, version, desired scripting language)
  • information about your tries to solve the problem so far and the questions/problems you have
  • please use [code]...[/code] tags for all data
This User Gave Thanks to stomp For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed

Hi I am looking for the script which can move 1month old data from a TXT file.actully in this file data is appended on daily basis.pleasehalp me out. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed

I have a code given below... ERROR=`grep "Job Status" ${LOG_FILE}` ERROR=${ERROR##*\(} ERROR=${ERROR%%\)*} if then echo "The job completed successfully" EXIT_STATUS=0 else echo "The job failed" EXIT_STATUS=1 fi can anybody tell me what is ERROR=${ERROR##*\(}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

script needed

hi i am new to linux world please help me,i have two files in diff location i need to compare both and i need to see difference b/w them ex /media/txt (file1) xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx /media/rev/ (file2) rev is a folder which contains some files so i need to compare the files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revenna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed!! - Please help

Hi All, I have a text file contains the follwoing info: HOST_CONFIG spbf1n01 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A HOST_CONFIG spbf1n02 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A HOST_CONFIG spbf1n03 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A Whenever the String... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed for a script!!

Hi!! Im new to shell scripting. I have an important assignment to complete in my company tomorrow. Please help me. I have to write an interactive script which does the following thing: There is a file named ""rules"in a folder say /home/f1/ . This file contains text in the form: 123 345... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul195
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in Sh script

hi, Im trying to select from a sql using shell script and once i get count i need to add the count to the subject line and send mail to every1.. ex : Select count(*) from emp; In Shell script echo $PASSWORD|$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $USERID@$DBNAME @$SCRIPT_DIR/emp_count.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in script needed

Hi, I am developing a script for writing out the failed jobs in file, 1)First step i need to create an empty file Status with today's date. 2)After that i need to execute the below command: dsjob -server servername -user uname -password pwd -ljobs projectname This will listout all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for script

Hi, I have a big list like this --> 3285 3289 328D 3291 3295 3299 329D 32A1 I need to make it like --> 3285|3289|328D|3291|3295|3299|329D|32A1 Please suggest. This is Linux OS. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed on Script

Hi team, I am looking to execute some command through xargs. $cat testfile | grep myloc alias myloc='cd /export/nfs-1sv-23/' I am trying to execute that alias as soon as i cat and grep ? I tried with $cat testfile | grep myloc | xargs --> no luck ... Can some one assist me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme488
6 Replies
RDSWAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RDSWAP(1)

["NAME"]
       rdswap - a multi-language RD documents support tool

["SYNOPSIS"]
       rdswap [ -h | -v ] filename ...

["DESCRIPTION"]
       This tool is written to support you to write multi-language documents using the Ruby-Document-Format (RD).

The idea for such a tool was originated by Minero Aoki, how has thought about, how to make life easier for developers who have to write and
       maintain scripts in more than one language.

You have to specify at least two filenames on the command line. One containing the Ruby script, the second containing a translated  RD.	If
       the  script  does  not  end  with `.rb', it has to be the first filename mentioned on the command line! In opposition, all files containing
       translations must not ending with `.rb'! They should use a extension that describes the language. So that would give us the following  pic-
       ture:

o sample.rb : Script contains the original documentation.

o sample.jp : Documentation written in Japanese.

o sample.de : Translation to German.

The  tool doesn't care about the language extensions. You can name them as you like! So the file containing the Japanese translation above,
       could also be names e.g. `sample.japan' or even `japantranslation.japan'.

For every translation file, a new file will be created. The name is build from the script filename plus the language extension. So  regard-
       ing the example above, following files would be created:

o sample.rb.jp

o sample.rb.de

or, given the alternative translation filename as mentioned above...

o sample.rb.japan

["How does it work?"]
       The  contents  of all files will be split into source and RD blocks. The source of the translation files, will be discarded! Every RD block
       may be of a certain type. The type will be taken from the contents directly following the `=begin' on the same line. If	there  is  only  a
       lonely `=begin' on a line by itself, the type of the block is `nil'. That means in
	   # File sample.rd
	   :
	   =begin
	    bla bla
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin whatever or not
	    blub blub
	   =end
	   :

the first block would be of type `nil' and the second one of type `whatever or not'.

Block  types  are  important for the translation. If a source will be generated from a script and a translation file, only these blocks are
       taken from the translation files, that comes in the right sequence and contains the same type as the block in the script! For example:
	   # File sample.rb
	   :
	   =begin gnark
	    Some comment
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 2
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 3
	   =end
	   :

# File sample.de
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block zwei
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block drei
	   =end
	   :

Here, the first block of `sample.rb' will *not* be translated, as there is no translation block with that type in sample.de! So	the  first
       block  would  be  inserted as-it-is into the translated script. The blocks afterwards, however, are translated as the block type does match
       (it is `nil' there).

Attention: In a translation file, a second block will only be used, if a first one was already used (matched). A third block will  only	be
       used, if a second one was used already!

That  means,  if the first block of `sample.de' would be of type e.g. `Never match', then no block would ever be taken to replace anyone of
       `sample.rb'.

["OPTIONS"]
       ["-h"]
	      shows this help text.

["-v"]
	      shows some more text during processing.

["filename"]
	      means a file, that contains RD and/or Ruby code.

["EXAMPLES"]
	   rdswap -v sample.rb sample.ja sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.rb sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.de sample.rb
	   rdswap -v sample.??

["AUTHORS"]
       Clemens Hintze <c.hintze@gmx.net>.

June 2012								 RDSWAP(1)