Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed for a script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help needed for a script Post 303018918 by stomp on Tuesday 19th of June 2018 06:34:40 AM
Old 06-19-2018
Hi patitapaban,

Please provide the following:
  • sample data of the various tables
  • sample data of the desired output
  • information about the platform(os, version, desired scripting language)
  • information about your tries to solve the problem so far and the questions/problems you have
  • please use [code]...[/code] tags for all data
This User Gave Thanks to stomp For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed

Hi I am looking for the script which can move 1month old data from a TXT file.actully in this file data is appended on daily basis.pleasehalp me out. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed

I have a code given below... ERROR=`grep "Job Status" ${LOG_FILE}` ERROR=${ERROR##*\(} ERROR=${ERROR%%\)*} if then echo "The job completed successfully" EXIT_STATUS=0 else echo "The job failed" EXIT_STATUS=1 fi can anybody tell me what is ERROR=${ERROR##*\(}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sagarddd
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

script needed

hi i am new to linux world please help me,i have two files in diff location i need to compare both and i need to see difference b/w them ex /media/txt (file1) xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx /media/rev/ (file2) rev is a folder which contains some files so i need to compare the files in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revenna
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed!! - Please help

Hi All, I have a text file contains the follwoing info: HOST_CONFIG spbf1n01 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A HOST_CONFIG spbf1n02 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A HOST_CONFIG spbf1n03 3181 patrolpv "B6abbKEW5L1TCE5B282445" I E W A Whenever the String... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed for a script!!

Hi!! Im new to shell scripting. I have an important assignment to complete in my company tomorrow. Please help me. I have to write an interactive script which does the following thing: There is a file named ""rules"in a folder say /home/f1/ . This file contains text in the form: 123 345... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul195
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed in Sh script

hi, Im trying to select from a sql using shell script and once i get count i need to add the count to the subject line and send mail to every1.. ex : Select count(*) from emp; In Shell script echo $PASSWORD|$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $USERID@$DBNAME @$SCRIPT_DIR/emp_count.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkumsi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in script needed

Hi, I am developing a script for writing out the failed jobs in file, 1)First step i need to create an empty file Status with today's date. 2)After that i need to execute the below command: dsjob -server servername -user uname -password pwd -ljobs projectname This will listout all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for script

Hi, I have a big list like this --> 3285 3289 328D 3291 3295 3299 329D 32A1 I need to make it like --> 3285|3289|328D|3291|3295|3299|329D|32A1 Please suggest. This is Linux OS. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed on Script

Hi team, I am looking to execute some command through xargs. $cat testfile | grep myloc alias myloc='cd /export/nfs-1sv-23/' I am trying to execute that alias as soon as i cat and grep ? I tried with $cat testfile | grep myloc | xargs --> no luck ... Can some one assist me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsme488
6 Replies
ACSRC(5)						      BP configuration files							  ACSRC(5)

NAME
acsrc - Aggregate Custody Signal management commands file DESCRIPTION
Aggregate Custody Signal management commands are passed to acsadmin either in a file of text lines or interactively at acsadmin's command prompt (:). Commands are interpreted line-by line, with exactly one command per line. The formats and effects of the Aggregate Custody Signal management commands are described below. GENERAL COMMANDS
? The help command. This will display a listing of the commands and their formats. It is the same as the h command. # Comment line. Lines beginning with # are not interpreted. e { 1 | 0 } Echo control. Setting echo to 1 causes all output printed by acsadmin to be logged as well as sent to stdout. Setting echo to 0 disables this behavior. 1 <logLevel> [<heapWords>] The initialize command. Until this command is executed, Aggregate Custody Signals are not in operation on the local ION node and most acsadmin commands will fail. The logLevel argument specifies at which log level the ACS appending and transmitting implementation should record its activity to the ION log file. This argument is the bitwise "OR" of the following log levels: 0x01 ERROR Errors in ACS programming are logged. 0x02 WARN Warnings like "out of memory" that don't cause ACS to fail but may change behavior are logged. 0x04 INFO Informative information like "this custody signal is a duplicate" is logged. 0x08 DEBUG Verbose information like the state of the pending ACS tree is logged. The optional heapWords argument informs ACS to allocate that many heap words in its own DRAM SDR for constructing pending ACS. If not supplied, the default ACS_SDR_DEFAULT_HEAPWORDS is used. Once all ACS SDR is allocated, any incoming custodial bundles that would trigger an ACS will trigger a normal, non-aggregate custody signal instead, until ACS SDR is freed. If your node intermittently emits non-aggregate custody signals when it should emit ACS, you should increase heapWords. Since ACS uses SDR only for emitting Aggregate Custody Signals, ION can still receive ACS even if this command is not executed, or all ACS SDR memory is allocated. h The help command. This will display a listing of the commands and their formats. It is the same as the ? command. s <minimumCustodyId> This command sets the minimum custody ID that the local bundle agent may use in custody transfer enhancement blocks that it emits. These custody IDs must be unique in the network (for the lifetime of the bundles to which they refer). The minimumCustodyId provided is stored in SDR, and incremented every time a new custody ID is required. So, this command should be used only when the local bundle agent has discarded its SDR and restarted. CUSTODIAN COMMANDS
a custodianEid acsSize [acsDelay] The add custodian command. This command provides information about the ACS characteristics of a remote custodian. custodianEid is the custodian EID for which this command is providing information. acsSize is the preferred size of ACS bundles sent to custodianEid; ACS bundles this implementation sends to custodianEid will aggregate until ACS are at most acsSize bytes (if acsSize is smaller than 19 bytes, some ACS containing only one signal will exceed acsSize and be sent anyways; setting acsSize to 0 causes "aggregates" of only 1 signal to be sent). acsDelay is the maximum amount of time to delay an ACS destined for this custodian before sending it, in seconds; if not specified, DEFAULT_ACS_DELAY will be used. EXAMPLES
a ipn:15.0 100 27 Informs ACS on the local node that the local node should send ACS bundles destined for the custodian ipn:15.0 whenever they are 100 bytes in size or have been delayed for 27 seconds, whichever comes first. SEE ALSO
acsadmin(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 ACSRC(5)