Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling problem - AIX 7.2
Operating Systems AIX Compiling problem - AIX 7.2 Post 303018737 by bobochacha29 on Thursday 14th of June 2018 12:45:04 AM
Old 06-14-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakunin

Did you use the same configure-script in both the failed and the successful case or did you unpack the source into different directories
bakunin
Yes, same configure-script and same directories.

Thanks for your help.We even created a new server one, installed AIX from the beginning, installed the compiler, copied source, unpacked and then run the script. First, everything seemed good. We run the script several times successfully. Then suddenly, it failed.

This is the first time we run this on AIX 7.2, so maybe the problem here is the compatibility. We are still checking now.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

2. Programming

compiling thread safe c on aix

Hi, I'm trying to compile a Perl module for AIX 5.3. Now, Perl by default wants to use cc_r as compiler but I only have gcc installed on this system. How can I get gcc to be thread safe? Or can I use gcc without any options and expect it to behave the same as cc_r? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

6. AIX

Purify and AIX compiling problems.

Hi, i'm trying to work with a trial version of PurifyPlus 7 with fixpack 10 from Rational that needs to run over an AIX 5.3 platform, 64-bit. I had success on compiling and running the hello_world programs and even a hash test program i found over the net, but purify can achieve the same with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispav
0 Replies

7. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

9. AIX

AIX server is compiling executables to 32-bits by default, how to change it?

Hi everyone: I have a server running AIX 6.1, I've upgraded the TL from 6100-0100 to 6100-04-02-1007, however since then all the executables I compile are 32-bit mode by default, how can I solve this? I'm using VisualAge C/C++ 10.0 thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP - compiling error for vsftpd on AIX 6.1

I'm getting error messages when trying to compile vsftpd version 3.0.2 on AIX 6.1 (trying to compile VSFTPD with SSL): SRVR#:/opt/freeware/src/packages/SOURCES/vsftpd-3.0.2> make gcc -o vsftpd main.o utility.o prelogin.o ftpcmdio.o postlogin.o privsock.o tunables.o ftpdataio.o secbuf.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace1
2 Replies
FDUTILSCONFIG(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  FDUTILSCONFIG(8)

NAME
fdutilsconfig - configure the suid bit of fdmount SYNOPSIS
fdutilsconfig DESCRIPTION
The fdutilsconfig script provides an interactive way to configure the suid bit of the fdmount(1) binary. It asks you some questions, give you a hint if needed, and enters your choice to /etc/fdmount.conf file. When upgrading the Debian fdutils package, the suid bit information stored in /etc/fdmount.conf is used to tell the new fdmount binary to keep your old suid bit settings. The script makes use of the suidmanager Debian package, if it is installed. If the script cannot find it, it manipulates the suid bit directly via `chmod u+s' command. FILES
fdutilsconfig reads and writes the configuration from /etc/fdmount.conf. This file is usually created when the fdutils package is installed for the first time. Please don't edit /etc/fdmount.conf manually! Use fdutilsconfig instead. NOTE
This script was written exclusively for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution. It is not a part of the upstream fdutils sources. AUTHORS
fdutilsconfig was adapted by Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> from the gnuplotconfig script written by Tibor Simko <simko@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
fdmount(1), suidregister(8), suidunregister(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 24 January 1999 FDUTILSCONFIG(8)