Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compiling problem - AIX 7.2
Operating Systems AIX Compiling problem - AIX 7.2 Post 303018692 by bakunin on Wednesday 13th of June 2018 10:30:54 AM
Old 06-13-2018
OK, thanks for the follow-up. Not everything makes sense yet but we are making progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobochacha29
Is there any differences, big -diferences between AIX 7.2 and the others AIX version ( the shell environtment, the policy ... ) which can make these things happen.
Not to my knowledge. But let us state for the record what we have so far:

You try to run a configure script for a nondescript software using IBMs XlC compiler and you encounter a syntax error:

Code:
[...snipped...]
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
./configure[24690]: if:  not found
./configure[24690]: then:  not found
./configure[24692]: else:  not found
./configure[24694]: fi:  not found
./configure[24700]: if:  not found
./configure[24700]: then:  not found
./configure[24702]: else:  not found
./configure[24704]: fi:  not found
./configure[24707]: if:  not found
./configure[24707]: then:  not found
./configure[24714]: else:  not found
./configure[24720]: fi:  not found
./configure[24722]: case:  not found
./configure[24723]: syntax error at line 24723 : `)' unexpected
./configure[24723]: syntax error at line 19 : `)' unexpected

These configure-scripts are created automatically so a syntax error just because someone made a typo or so is quite unlikely.

Now my first question is if there might be something wrong with your environment: check /etc/environment of the system you compile at for anything unusual because the settings there are put into every processes environment. Next, remove any configuration files (~/.profile, ~/.kshrc, ~/.bashrc, ...., just rename them) and start a "blank" session with a minimal environment. Check this for any unusual stuff (i.e. weird aliases, redefined system commands and the like), set the minimum PATH necessary for compilation and try to run the configure script again.

Did you use the same configure-script in both the failed and the successful case or did you unpack the source into different directories? If the latter is the case: did all involved file systems have enough space or might some file have become truncated during the unpacking?

So far, these are my first ideas. I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies

2. Programming

compiling thread safe c on aix

Hi, I'm trying to compile a Perl module for AIX 5.3. Now, Perl by default wants to use cc_r as compiler but I only have gcc installed on this system. How can I get gcc to be thread safe? Or can I use gcc without any options and expect it to behave the same as cc_r? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

4. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

6. AIX

Purify and AIX compiling problems.

Hi, i'm trying to work with a trial version of PurifyPlus 7 with fixpack 10 from Rational that needs to run over an AIX 5.3 platform, 64-bit. I had success on compiling and running the hello_world programs and even a hash test program i found over the net, but purify can achieve the same with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispav
0 Replies

7. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

9. AIX

AIX server is compiling executables to 32-bits by default, how to change it?

Hi everyone: I have a server running AIX 6.1, I've upgraded the TL from 6100-0100 to 6100-04-02-1007, however since then all the executables I compile are 32-bit mode by default, how can I solve this? I'm using VisualAge C/C++ 10.0 thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP - compiling error for vsftpd on AIX 6.1

I'm getting error messages when trying to compile vsftpd version 3.0.2 on AIX 6.1 (trying to compile VSFTPD with SSL): SRVR#:/opt/freeware/src/packages/SOURCES/vsftpd-3.0.2> make gcc -o vsftpd main.o utility.o prelogin.o ftpcmdio.o postlogin.o privsock.o tunables.o ftpdataio.o secbuf.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace1
2 Replies