Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Source port on AIX for NAS is same? Post 303018493 by anil1000 on Thursday 7th of June 2018 04:53:21 PM
Old 06-07-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Code:
NFS_PORT_RANGE=udp[4000-5000]:tcp[7000-8000]

that will be inherited in a new login shell.
(I am not sure how/if this will spread to a "NFS mount at boot".)
I do not understand why you bother with the source ports; it does not matter at all, and usually a firewall does not have rules about source ports.
I will get back to you , after trying this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

2. Programming

Source code for serial port

Hi, I am working with sun Solaris 5.9 and in my application,I have to communicate with Serial port(i.e /dev/term/a). So I need source code to by which I can do the following things-- 1)check the port is available or not.If it dosn't find the port,it should throw the error message(i.e. port not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to port a package to huge source code having its own make and compilers

In general for intalling a package like we do ./configure, make , make install But if we want to integrate the package with a huge source base what are the things to be taken care could some one have a light on purpose of ./configure , make and make install along with above question. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX(VIO/LPAR) with Free NAS ISCSI solution

Hi, I was looking on Google for AIX-VIO/LPAR with ISCSI solution and found following really nice tutorial about how to setup ISCSI with free NAS. 1) Build Your Own Open Source NAS Device Using FreeNAS | Train Signal Training - Free Computer Training Videos 2) Build Your Own Open Source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kabir
4 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

6. AIX

Who's using my port in AIX

Hello Gurus, I was trying to find who's using my port and got below answer from a IBM website. But the problem with the below answer is I need a root to run the rmsock, is there any other alternative to find out who is using my port with out a root access?? 1. netstat -Aan | grep <port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

7. Programming

Changing source port number of a TCP client packet

Hi all, I need to change the source port number of an outgoing TCP packet. First I have to bind the socket to a particular port(suppose 9001) but when I send the TCP packet I want to change the source port number lets say to 9002 still letting the socket to be bound to the same old port (9001).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragrai134
0 Replies

8. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to release port on AIX?

Hello all, I need your help with any command to release a port on AIX. Thanks for all. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcipamo
5 Replies
RADTEST(1)							 FreeRADIUS Daemon							RADTEST(1)

NAME
radtest - send packets to a RADIUS server, show reply SYNOPSIS
radtest [-d raddb_directory] [-t pap/chap/mschap] [-x ] [-4 ] [-6 ] user password radius-server nas-port-number secret [ppphint] [nasname] DESCRIPTION
radtest is a frontend to radclient(1). It generates a list of attribute/value pairs based on the command line arguments, and feeds these into radclient. It's a fast and convenient way to test a radius server. OPTIONS
-d raddb_directory The directory that contains the RADIUS dictionary files. Defaults to /etc/raddb. -t pap/chap/mschap/eap-md5 Choose the authentiction method to use. e.g. "-t pap", "-t chap", "-t mschap", or "-t eap-md5",. Defaults to "pap". Using EAP-MD5 requires that the "radeapclient" program is installed. -x Enables debugging output for the RADIUS client. -4 Use NAS-IP-Address for the NAS address (default) -6 Use NAS-IPv6-Address for the NAS address (default) user Username to send. password Password of the user. radius-server Hostname or IP address of the radius server. Optionally, you may specify a port by appending :port nas-port-number The value of the NAS-Port attribute. Is an integer between 0 and 2^31, and it really doesn't matter what you put here. 10 will do fine. secret The shared secret for this client. ppphint If you put an integer > 0 here, radtest (or actually radclient) will add the attribute Framed-Protocol = PPP to the request packet. nasname If present, this will be resolved to an IP address and added to the request packet as the NAS-IP-Address attribute. If you don't specify it, the local hostname of the system will be used. SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radclient(1). AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl. 5 April 2010 RADTEST(1)