Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Command to View Processor Usage Post 303018365 by jgt on Monday 4th of June 2018 05:38:32 PM
Old 06-04-2018
Code:
sar -u 1 10

parameter 1 is interval in seconds, parameter 2 is number to times to report.

or
Code:
ps -A -o "pid=" -o "pcpu=" |awk '$2 > 5 {print $1 " " $2}' | sort -r +1

to list processes in descending order of cpu usage.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I see the processor usage in Unix??

Could anybody tell me which command I should use to see how many percentage or something from the processor is used by various programs? Thanx in Advance! Erik:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view page command?

Hi All, When I run a command on any shell, many times the output is longer than the screen can hold, so I only can see parts of the output. Is there a command that will show me page by page the results of each command? Thanks, Jared (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to view ports being used

Is there a command that will show me all ports being used? I thought maybe the "lsof" command would show me, but I'm not seeing anything. Thanks, Jeff (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

5. Solaris

OBP command to enable/disable a processor

Hello experts.. How can i enable or disable a processor from OBP(OK prompt)? Thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
8 Replies

6. HP-UX

View command was typed

Hello All, I Am A New Member To This Group. Could you show me how to view all command was typed the same Redhat. Every I type arrow up and down to show the command was type but nothing to see. I must type it again. it is very slow. Thanks hoavn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoavn
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I view an 'at' command?

Hi, One of our users has loads of jobs scheduled. When I do at -l I get a long list of tasks which end in .a Is there anyway I can view what these commands will do? Also, What's the relationship between the 'at' function and the crontab? I can't see any entries in crontab....Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies
sar(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    sar(1)

NAME
sar -- system activity reporter SYNOPSIS
sar [-dgpu] [-n mode] [-o filename] t [n] sar [-dgpu] [-n mode] [-e time] [-f filename] [-i seconds] [-s time] DESCRIPTION
The sar command is used to sample and report various cumulative statistic counters maintained by the operating system. It can be invoked in two different ways. In the first usage instance, n samples are reported at t second intervals. If n is not specified, only one sample will be captured. When the -o option is specified, sar will write the binary sampling data to the output file specified by filename. In the second usage instance, there is no on-going sample interval to specify. This is because the sampling input comes from a previously recorded, binary activity file. The binary activity file can be specified using the -f filename option. When the -f option isn't used, sar attempts to open a default binary activity file, /var/log/sa/sadd, where dd represents the current day of the month. The starting and ending time of the report can be restricted using the -e and -s options. Here, the time field is specified in the form hh[:mm[:ss]]. Finally, the -i option can be used to select the sampling interval. Only records at least seconds apart will be reported. When the -i option is not used, all of the previously recorded interval samples are reported. Due to the nature of on-going sample collection, the data is reported in a verbose mode when more than one sampling option is specified. Column headers are printed at the beginning of the report and averages are printed when the sar command terminates. OPTIONS
The following options restrict the sample set that sar reports. -d Report disk activity. device The BSD name of the device. r+w/s The number of reads and writes per second. blks/s Number of blocks (in device's default blocksize) transferred to a device per second. -g Report page-out activity. pgout/s The number of pages paged out per second. -p Report page-in and page fault activity pgin/s The number of pages paged in per second. pflts/s The number of faults that caused a page to be copied in per second. vflts/s The number of times vm_fault routine has been called. -n mode Report network activity with modes DEV, EDEV, or PPP. Multiple network modes can be specified. DEV The DEV mode reports network device statistics. The following information is displayed for each interface. IFACE The network interface name. Ipkts/s The number of packets received per second. Ibytes/s The number of bytes received per second. Opkts/s The number of packets sent per second. Obytes/s The number of bytes sent per second. EDEV The EDEV mode reports network device error statistics. The following information is displayed for each interface. IFACE The interface name. Ierrs/s The input errors per second. Oerrs/s The output errors per second. Coll/s The collisions that occurred per second. Drops/s The number of dropped packets per second. PPP The PPP mode must be specified in order to display ppp connections in the network statistics. This will also turn on the PPP modify mode in sadc (8) when sampling data is not being read from a file. By default, both the collection and report- ing of ppp statistics is turned off. See sadc (8). -u Report CPU activity (default) %usr, %sys, and %idle These report the percentage of time running in user mode, system mode and idle. FILES
/var/log/sa/sadd Default daily activity file that holds the binary sampling data. dd are digits that represent the day of the month. SEE ALSO
sa1(8), sa2(8), sadc(8), iostat(8), vm_stat(1), netstat(1), top(1), sc_usage(1), fs_usage(1) Mac OS X Jul 25, 2003 Mac OS X