Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My Fifty Years
The Lounge War Stories My Fifty Years Post 303018167 by xenix on Wednesday 30th of May 2018 04:31:57 PM
Old 05-30-2018
That's great! I'm in the process of restoring a PDP-11/34a... Right now, it has a whopping 16K!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix attacks in the last 5 years.

Hi, Could anyone direct me to any sites that have any info on unix attcks or hacks in the last 5 years. This is needed for an assignment. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suzant
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dates of previous years

Is there any way to use date with previous dates such as "2 23 2000" in order to see what day of the week it was? I tried changing the current date to "date 022300452000" but then it told me that I could not do this because I was "Not the owner". Any other ways of getting the day result? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: terms5
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Command to separate this years files and last years?

Hello - I have a folder that contains files from 2003 till 2010. I am trying to figure out a command that would seperate each years file and show me a count? Even if i can find a command that would give me year by year count, thats good enough too. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

40 years of chips

I've been thinking about modern CPUs. Apart from x86 and SPARC, is there any other 'kind' of CPU used today in computers (not in playstation3, phones and similar) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

RudiC reaches over 4000 thanks in 6 years.

Congratulations. Nice one RudiC. That is some going, well done! Bazza. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
8 Replies
PHYS(2) 							System Calls Manual							   PHYS(2)

NAME
phys - allow a process to access physical addresses SYNOPSIS
phys(segreg, size, physadr) DESCRIPTION
The argument segreg specifies a process virtual (data-space) address range of 8K bytes starting at virtual address segregx8K bytes. This address range is mapped into physical address physadrx64 bytes. Only the first sizex64 bytes of this mapping is addressable. If size is zero, any previous mapping of this virtual address range is nullified. For example, the call phys(6, 1, 0177775); will map virtual addresses 0160000-0160077 into physical addresses 017777500-017777577. In particular, virtual address 0160060 is the PDP-11 console located at physical address 017777560. This call may only be executed by the super-user. SEE ALSO
PDP-11 segmentation hardware DIAGNOSTICS
The function value zero is returned if the physical mapping is in effect. The value -1 is returned if not super-user, if segreg is not in the range 0-7, if size is not in the range 0-127, or if the specified segreg is already used for other than a previous call to phys. BUGS
This system call is obviously very machine dependent and very dangerous. This system call is not considered a permanent part of the sys- tem. ASSEMBLER
(phys = 52.) sys phys; segreg; size; physadr PDP11 PHYS(2)