Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Source port on AIX for NAS is same? Post 303018164 by bakunin on Wednesday 30th of May 2018 03:12:30 PM
Old 05-30-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
According to this link you can add a line to /etc/environment
Code:
NFS_PORT_RANGE=udp[4000-5000]:tcp[7000-8000]

that will be inherited in a new login shell.
(I am not sure how/if this will spread to a "NFS mount at boot".)
In AIX (many) daemons are started with a sort-of "super-daemon" called SRC (system resource controller). It is possible to change the way a process controlled by it is started (or run) by using the command chssys. It is also possible to start daemons via the /etc/inittab directly as AIX has a SystemV-style boot sequence. It also sports RC-scripts, which can also be configured. (Some ssh-versions are an example of a service started by such an RC-script, although newer ssh-packages usually start it via inittab.) The group of daemons used for NFS depend on the NFS version(s) the system is using: biod, lockd, portmapper and statd are used for NFSv3, nfsrygd for NFSv4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
I do not understand why you bother with the source ports; it does not matter at all, and usually a firewall does not have rules about source ports.
Amen to that. Furthermore, in post #3 the question was definitely about NAS and not NFS.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to open a port in AIX

Hi Guys, i am trying to open a port in AIX. but i am not able to get the command for this. AIX is not having the iptables file present. So please any body can tell me how to open a port in AIX... Thanks sanju (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanju_d1231
2 Replies

2. Programming

Source code for serial port

Hi, I am working with sun Solaris 5.9 and in my application,I have to communicate with Serial port(i.e /dev/term/a). So I need source code to by which I can do the following things-- 1)check the port is available or not.If it dosn't find the port,it should throw the error message(i.e. port not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to port a package to huge source code having its own make and compilers

In general for intalling a package like we do ./configure, make , make install But if we want to integrate the package with a huge source base what are the things to be taken care could some one have a light on purpose of ./configure , make and make install along with above question. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX(VIO/LPAR) with Free NAS ISCSI solution

Hi, I was looking on Google for AIX-VIO/LPAR with ISCSI solution and found following really nice tutorial about how to setup ISCSI with free NAS. 1) Build Your Own Open Source NAS Device Using FreeNAS | Train Signal Training - Free Computer Training Videos 2) Build Your Own Open Source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kabir
4 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

6. AIX

Who's using my port in AIX

Hello Gurus, I was trying to find who's using my port and got below answer from a IBM website. But the problem with the below answer is I need a root to run the rmsock, is there any other alternative to find out who is using my port with out a root access?? 1. netstat -Aan | grep <port... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
1 Replies

7. Programming

Changing source port number of a TCP client packet

Hi all, I need to change the source port number of an outgoing TCP packet. First I have to bind the socket to a particular port(suppose 9001) but when I send the TCP packet I want to change the source port number lets say to 9002 still letting the socket to be bound to the same old port (9001).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragrai134
0 Replies

8. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to release port on AIX?

Hello all, I need your help with any command to release a port on AIX. Thanks for all. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mcipamo
5 Replies