Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminal command
Operating Systems Linux Terminal command Post 303017570 by adamlevine on Friday 18th of May 2018 05:11:49 AM
Old 05-18-2018
I also do not understand very well

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Plz Help : How to use write command to execute command on some other terminal

Hi Group , I m trying to execute commands on some other system using write command but inspite of executing the commands they r passed as simple messages. - i m writing >write user-id ! ls o ctrl-d inspite of executing the command ls,other terminal shows ! ls. Thnx in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aashish
2 Replies

2. Programming

read terminal command

hi how to read terminal command, just i want to read all command which write on terminal so please tell me any system call, api avilable in c for above purpose (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: munnu
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to email from the terminal

I have a script, myscript.sh that I need the output to be sent by email to bernadette@email.com bill@email.com and will@email.com . How do I go about making this happen? I am using the Macintosh Operating system with Entourage 2008 as my email client, but I would fine just doing this in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's the terminal command to do this ?

what's the terminal command to do this ? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Automated Terminal Command Help

Is there a command that someone could help me with, that would automate me having to: 1. Go into multiple different folders (probably around 100) 2. Check and see if there are either 1(+) subfolders within that 3. If there are, check and see if there are either 1(+) .m4a / .m4p / .m4v files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qcom
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is command line invocation of gnome-terminal to run more than one command possible?

Hello, I am trying to learn how to pass something more than a one-command startup for gnome-terminal. I will give an example of what I'm trying to do here: #! /bin/bash # #TODO write this for gnome and xterm USAGE=" ______________________________________________ ${0##*/} run... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Terminal Command into script

Hi All I have this script that checks to see if ntp is enabled on a machine launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.ntp.ntpd.plist It retuns org.ntp.ntpd: Already loaded if it is loaded, is there a way to script it so that if it is loaded it does not say anything but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

who command from non terminal in unix

I was executing a command "who -ms" from a CHUI application but i get below message, It seems that who command can be executed only when we are logged directly in unix box as we have terminal. Is there a way to get rid of this problem , or anyother command where i can get machine name of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending command from one terminal to another.

Hello, I am running a program in a terminal. this program is just printing random words. I can change the color of each word by entering the first character of the color(for example G for Green). I want to write a bash code that runs in a different terminal and sends different characters to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alireza6485
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3)							      OpenSSL							    SSL_CTX_new(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 0.9.7a 2001-07-25 SSL_CTX_new(3)