Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty Post 303017474 by Corona688 on Wednesday 16th of May 2018 01:11:10 PM
Old 05-16-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
I am missing something, why do you need a python script to be piped into python?
Security through obscurity. Skysmart runs programs through a long train of generators and mutators in the theory that this will prevent people from wanting to use it anywhere else.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on processes not associated with a TTY

Hi all ^_^ Okay, here's the problem: There's an IBM RS6000 server running AIX 4.3 with Informix database in my workplace. During peak hours, it has about 350 users doing mostly database operations. It has been set up that those users can only log-in the system at one terminal at a time. Due... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluefactory
3 Replies

2. Programming

TTY programming

Hi gurus, Need help to code some tools dealing with all the tty thingies, raw mode etc .... Can you juss point me to some cool links related to tty programming, i've tried google but found none so far :confused: Thanks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tty problem

Dear all, when I do a remote shell command from a FUJITSU Unix to an HP-UX, I always get this: 15:36:35 + rsh -l storto obs2 sh /users/obs/storto/MESO-NH/tmp_olive_map_00CC/job_prepex_70JY_C00CC_20041103_19 Not a terminal stty: : Erreur inconnue stty: : Erreur inconnue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stortignauz
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tty remote IP

I am fairly new to Unix Terminal outputs and I have a server that is sending print jobs to a PortServer 8 RJ45 situated in a remote location. It is working fine however we need to change the Subnet of that location and I am unable to find where the IP associated with the terminal is located. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin_Montreal
4 Replies

5. AIX

tty

Hi All can anyone tell me what is the meaning of tty,or give me an example of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pts and tty

hi iam very new to linux can anyone tell me about pts and tty acctually today morning i logged into my pc at 9:51 when i have given #who it has given sam tty7 9:51 sam pts/1 10:11 so what does it mean (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praneel2k
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What does this TTY info mean?

When I do a who command I get the following: mohit :0 2009-04-07 14:07 mohit pts/0 2009-04-07 17:25 (:0.0) mohit pts/1 2009-04-09 12:07 (:0.0) mohit pts/2 2009-04-16 11:38 (:0.0) mohit pts/3 2009-04-16 16:09 (:0.0) mohit pts/4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TTY Insane

Hi All, Long time reader, first time poster. I have a tip session to a v480 serial console running Solaris 9. Look at this mess I'm getting back... connected... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: danny.hudson
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tty changes?

I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology but somehow my tty keeps changing on me. The man pages are confusing to me on what exactly the tty is. This is what I see when I run the tty command. Could anyone explain why my tty keeps changing? ~ $ tty /dev/pts/1 ~ $ tty /dev/pts/0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading password from /dev/tty

hi, From the below script: ##########################################pwd_auth.sh######################################################################################## #Author: Pandeeswaran Bhoopathy #Written on:26th Jan 2012 2:00PM #This script describes the feature of stty and illustrates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
3 Replies
WHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WHICH(1)

NAME
which - shows the full path of (shell) commands. SYNOPSIS
which [options] [--] programname [...] DESCRIPTION
Which takes one or more arguments. For each of its arguments it prints to stdout the full path of the executables that would have been exe- cuted when this argument had been entered at the shell prompt. It does this by searching for an executable or script in the directories listed in the environment variable PATH using the same algorithm as bash(1). This man page is generated from the file which.texinfo. OPTIONS
--all, -a Print all matching executables in PATH, not just the first. --read-alias, -i Read aliases from stdin, reporting matching ones on stdout. This is useful in combination with using an alias for which itself. For example alias which='alias | which -i'. --skip-alias Ignore option `--read-alias', if any. This is useful to explicity search for normal binaries, while using the `--read-alias' option in an alias or function for which. --read-functions Read shell function definitions from stdin, reporting matching ones on stdout. This is useful in combination with using a shell func- tion for which itself. For example: which() { declare -f | which --read-functions $@ } export -f which --skip-functions Ignore option `--read-functions', if any. This is useful to explicity search for normal binaries, while using the `--read-functions' option in an alias or function for which. --skip-dot Skip directories in PATH that start with a dot. --skip-tilde Skip directories in PATH that start with a tilde and executables which reside in the HOME directory. --show-dot If a directory in PATH starts with a dot and a matching executable was found for that path, then print "./programname" rather than the full path. --show-tilde Output a tilde when a directory matches the HOME directory. This option is ignored when which is invoked as root. --tty-only Stop processing options on the right if not on tty. --version,-v,-V Print version information on standard output then exit successfully. --help Print usage information on standard output then exit successfully. RETURN VALUE
Which returns the number of failed arguments, or -1 when no `programname' was given. EXAMPLE
The recommended way to use this utility is by adding an alias (C shell) or shell function (Bourne shell) for which like the following: [ba]sh: which () { (alias; declare -f) | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --read-functions --show-tilde --show-dot $@ } export -f which [t]csh: alias which 'alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' This will print the readable ~/ and ./ when starting which from your prompt, while still printing the full path when used from a script: > which q2 ~/bin/q2 > echo `which q2` /home/carlo/bin/q2 BUGS
The HOME directory is determined by looking for the HOME environment variable, which aborts when this variable doesn't exist. Which will consider two equivalent directories to be different when one of them contains a path with a symbolic link. AUTHOR
Carlo Wood <carlo@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
bash(1) WHICH(1)