Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Backup Ubuntu server 12.05 LT Post 303017440 by fretagi on Wednesday 16th of May 2018 08:51:27 AM
Old 05-16-2018
Backup Ubuntu server 12.05 LT

I wonder what free backup utilities fellow admins are using to clone or backup root disks of ubuntu servers. I try clonezilla, but errors pop up.
Any ideas?

---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:49 AM ----------

I have used the rsync command like:

Code:
rsync -azvr --progress  --exclude /archives --exclude /data1 --exclude /backup --exclude /data2 --exclude /testdb --exclude /netappbk --exclude /mcelnetapp -- exclude /dev root@10.100.48.75:/flash/mkesh/server4/

but an error pop up:

Code:
/usr/bin/rsync -azvr --progress  --exclude /archives --exclude /data1 --exclude /backup --exclude /data2 --exclude /testdb --exclude /netappbk --exclude /mcelnetapp -- exclude /dev root@10.100.48.75:/flash/mkesh/server4/
Password:
sh: rsync: not found
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Server Backup

Hi, As per my understanding in sun ufsdump and snap are 2 methods of backup of file system. what is inode table backup? or can we take only inode table backup? Regards Manu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server

Hi, My problem is that I need to set up a DNS server and a mail server. I just know that IP address of the server we have rented. Can you tell me if I can set up mail server and a DNS server with just the IP address? Tushar (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tusharkumar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Set up a Ubuntu server as a FTP server

Hello, How can I set up a ubuntu server as a FTP server? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Ubuntu server 12.04 installation

hello, i have been try installing Ubuntu server 12.04 and receiving a message: no network interface card detected. can someone help me to locate where my interface card is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naghazky
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)

NAME
       backup_deldump - Deletes a dump level from the Backup Database

SYNOPSIS
       backup deldump -dump <dump level name> [-localauth]
	   [-cell <cell name>] [-help]

backup deld -d <dump level name> [-l]
	   [-c <cell name>] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The backup deldump command deletes the indicated dump level and all of its child dump levels from the dump hierarchy in the Backup
       Database. Use the backup listdumps command to display the dump hierarchy.

OPTIONS
       -dump <dump level name>
	   Specifies the complete pathname of the dump level to delete.

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to
	   the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more
	   details, see backup(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

EXAMPLES
       The following command deletes the dump level "/sunday1/monday1" from the dump hierarchy, along with any of its child dump levels.

% backup deldump /sunday1/monday1

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged
       onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.

SEE ALSO
       backup(8), backup_adddump(8), backup_listdumps(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BACKUP_DELDUMP(8)