Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Xdm error 2817 SunOS 4.1.4 OpenWindows Post 303017287 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 12th of May 2018 03:36:51 PM
Old 05-12-2018
I see... Good luck with your project!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing CDE and openwindows

Hi, I have searched the internet and this site and cannot find a way to remove CDE from a sparc Solaris 8 machine. I could run pkgrm on the individual CDE packages but would like to know if there is a more efficient way. 2.5.1 seemed to have had an uninstall script that 8 does not. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blp001
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

3. Solaris

configuring xdm on s10\open solaris

can someone hlpe me to use a X display manger to oepnsolaris I'm using 79a & have setup XMING on a windows client On the Solaris box I notice that XDM is not running, which i assume is essential for xming\client. I've read somewhere that to enable XDM i need to run gdmconfig so i've # xhost+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenWindows shelltool full size...

Hi, I would like to change the size of the shelltool window when the full size is selected, by clicking on the top of the window. The issue is... I have a monitor that cannot do 1152x900 resolution format. The monitor can only do 1152x870. Also the frame buffer cannot do any other resolution.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
0 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenWindows display resolution problem

Hi all! On my SPARC mashine I have changed the screen resolution from default to: output-device screen r1024x768x75, because the OBP picture too big (e.g. Sun Logo and OBP text). Now, after the system booting I have the problem with OpenWindows picture (e.g. the window manager does not display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
0 Replies

7. Solaris

What is the difference between XDM and Citrix

Hi all, I have remote 2Mbs connection to server. I am wondering - what is the difference (i mean - transferring data) between Citrix sessions and XDMCP? Why I can connect to server using Citrix and when clicking to open some application its opening fast, but when i am clicking to open same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nypreH
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot error with SunOS 5.6 Help!

Hello, We have a SunOS 5.6 system that works as a Real Time Interface to make work an engraving machine. Today we started the computer and showed the next message: Boot device: disk:a File and args: SunOS Release 5.6 Version Generic_105181-39 Copyright (c) 1983-2003, Sun Microsystems,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgb_flexaprint
3 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS 4.1.4 with OpenWindows 3

Hi guys, Just wondering how I can get OpenWindows 3 window manager. I installed SunOS 4.1.4 on Qemu and when I type Openwin, I will get a purpleish interface, which I am not fond of. I'd like to have the following look and feel... OpenWindows 3 - SunOS 4.1.4 Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

What does ?xdm? under the IDLE column mean?

I'd appreciate an explanation of the ?xdm? listing under the IDLE column (see below) after I ran the 'w' command in BASH. I recently used 'umask 0022' but reset it to 'umask 0000' I can't think this would have caused the ?xdm?, but as a total novice, I'd like some help. USER TTY FROM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hal_v_1937
1 Replies
projdel(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       projdel(1M)

NAME
projdel - delete a project from the system SYNOPSIS
projdel [-f filename] project DESCRIPTION
The projdel utility deletes a project from the system and makes the appropriate changes to the system file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Specify the project file to modify. If no filename is specified, the system project file, /etc/project, is modified. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: project The name of the project to be deleted. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 2 The command syntax was invalid. A usage message for projdel is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The projid given with the -p option is already in use. 5 The project files contain an error. See project(4). 6 The project to be modified, group, user, or resource does not exist. 9 The project is already in use. 10 Cannot update the /etc/project file. FILES
/etc/project System project file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stabilty | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Invocation is evolving. Human readable output is unstable. SEE ALSO
projects(1), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), grpck(1M), logins(1M), projadd(1M), projmod(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), user- mod(1M), project(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
In case of an error, projdel prints an error message and exits with a non-zero status. NOTES
projdel deletes a project definition only on the local system. If a network name service such as NIS or LDAP is being used to supplement the local /etc/project file with additional entries, projdel cannot change information supplied by the network name service. SunOS 5.10 4 May 2004 projdel(1M)