Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris A little help with ipfilter on Omnios Post 303017235 by samask on Friday 11th of May 2018 08:24:01 AM
Old 05-11-2018
Thank you for this, quite useful to me as well.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ipfilter hpux11.11

how can I create a rule that will allow my machine to FTP to itself, but not allow other machines to FTP to it.. I know this sounds weird but this how they want it so they can test some application functionality that uses ftp. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ipfilter solaris express

Hello, | am trying to setup ipfilter on solaris express snv_91 but I don't seem to have the following file available. /etc/ipf/pfil.ap Is this an older way of configuring the interface?, I have all the packages installed. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Actuator
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

questions about ipfilter

Dears, i am a new user for using ipfilter in solaris 10 and i have some question about this: by using ipfilter for example 1- i want specific MAC address able to access hotmail only 2- also i want to make 10MB for this MAC address is a max download per day 3- i am asking about using MAC... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Syntax error ipfilter solaris 10

Hello everyone. I have a problem with ipfilter, you must create a rule to redirect traffic from the external network to internal server on port 443. New Rule: rdr e1000g0 from xx.xx.xx.69/32 port 443 -> 192.168.10.5 port 443 tcp, use ipnat -CF -f /etc/ipnat.conf, and ipf send me from error:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kadavr
0 Replies

5. Solaris

NAT IPFilter

Hi everybody, I'm running on Solaris 10 X86 (update 1009). I would like to make NAT's rule. I explain you. On Solaris, I configure the principal interface e1000g0 with IP : 192.168.0.33 I created the first logical interface like that : ifconfig e1000g0 addif 192.168.0.40 netmask... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aureliensm
0 Replies

6. Solaris

ipfilter blocking ip fragments

For some reason ipfilter is blocking inbound fragmented ip packets (the packets are larger than the interface's MTU) that are encapsulating UDP segments. The connection works, so I know ipfilter is letting some traffic through, it is just a lot slower than it should be. Rules that allow the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilikecows
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Ipfilter question

Howdy My goal is to block locally the applications on a Solaris 10 server to access specific port on a remote machine. All attempts to access the <remote ip>:<remote port> should be rejected with ICMP port unreachable or with TCP RST. I tried with the following: block... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralome
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Having troubles searching man pages in OmniOS

I recently have become curious with Illumos distributions, at the present time, OmniOS. One thing I've come to expect is being able to simply type "man ls" for example to figure out how to use system tools. However, running man on OmniOS has provided nothing, nor does it seem to be available ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stratacast1
4 Replies
NET-COMPILE(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               NET-COMPILE(8)

NAME
netscript-compile - netscript ipfilter-defs compile back end. SYNOPSIS
netcript-compile [ -fhq ] [ -b max-backup-level ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the netscript-compile command from the netscript router/firewall network configuration package. This command is the back end to the netscript compile command documented in netscript(8) manpage. See ipfilter-defs(5) for the details on the definitions files in /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs. By default it checks to see if the relevant files in the /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs directory have been updated by comparing their modi- fication times to that of /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs.conf, and if updating is needed, it recompiles and re-creates the file. Up to max- backup-levels of history are kept of previously compiled /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs.conf files, with a numeric extention in order of increasing age. OPTIONS
-b max-backup-level Sets the maximum level of backups kept of previously compiled files. This defaults to 2 (see /etc/netscript/netscript-com- pile.conf), and it is also used by the netscript(8) compile command. -f Force compile even though compile file is up to date with definitions. The testing depends on the modification times of the defini- tion file inodes in the file system. -h Show a summary of options. -q Quiet compile. This option suppresses informational progress messages. FILES
/etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs.conf, /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs-compiled.conf, /etc/netscript/ipfilter-defs directory. SEE ALSO
ipfilter-defs(5), netscript(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
I wrote this manpage when I was not half asleep... March 25, 2003 NET-COMPILE(8)