Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading properties from file and setting variable values Post 303016624 by Corona688 on Monday 30th of April 2018 06:16:16 PM
Old 04-30-2018
But you may be able to filter it into something you can use.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting properties for vi during run time.

hi I want to view the line numbers in /bin/rvi when i open a file to edit in a script. The default properites of vi editor are not set to view line numbers and not allowed to change them. So instead of doing :set nu everytime editor opens the file, how it can be set temporarily when script is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading variable from file variable values

Hi, Here is the output of lpstat. I would like to read value of Queue which is(abxxxxb1)and status that is DOWN in first line. i dont care what is in second line. any one can help me.thanks Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- ---------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with retrieving values from properties file

I have an input file like RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM,Table,NYTD_SLS_DM,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,RMS_DM,byreddys,7/31/2009,byreddys,7/31/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/table,TBL_GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS.sql,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with reading from a properties file

Hi, i have a properties file a.prop where entry is like PROCESS_IDX=0 Now in my shell schript i am doing like this. #!/bin/sh . a.prop .............. -....................... while read line do # tokenize the string by ",". var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`) echo $PROCESS_IDX -->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file

Hi I have a file in the following format AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 100.0 VOXI 274.601 TFUE 298. TOXI 2229.544 TMAX 2400. What I want to do is write a bash script, that use either perl/awk or sed to read the number after VFUE and VOXI (which is 100.0 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

8. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. AIX

Reading .properties file on AIX and Windows

I have a FirstDoc application that integrates with SharePoint 2010. As per the FirstDoc install guide, I need to generate the sharepoint_authentication properties file and place it on the server and the 2 Windows boxes that contain other components of the app. The properties file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies
MIMEDEFANG.PL(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  MIMEDEFANG.PL(8)

NAME
mimedefang.pl - Perl script to scan MIME messages. SYNOPSIS
mimedefang.pl [-f filter] dir DESCRIPTION
mimedefang.pl is a Perl script designed to work with mimedefang(8). It takes a single argument which is a directory which should contain files laid out as described in mimedefang(8). OPTIONS
-f filter Specifies the name of the file containing the filter. If this option is omitted, the default filter /etc/mimedefang-filter is used. OPERATION
mimedefang.pl evaluates the file /etc/mimedefang-filter as a Perl fragment. This file should define the filter procedure. For each part of a MIME message, mimedefang.pl calls filter and disposes of the part as instructed by the filter. The various modes of disposition are described in mimedefang-filter(5). TESTING FILTERS
You are strongly recommended to test your filter before installing it in /etc/mimedefang-filter. To test the filter, save it in a file (e.g. test-filter) and run this command: mimedefang.pl -f test-filter -test This tests the filter for syntactic correctness. If it passes, you can install it as a production filter. (Note that the test tests only for correct Perl syntax; it doesn't make sure your filter does something sensible.) MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS
There are a few other ways to invoke mimedefang.pl: mimedefang.pl -structure < mime_message parses a message on stdin and prints lots of debugging information. mimedefang.pl -prettyprint < mime_message parses a message on stdin and prints it in a "nice" format (depending on your definition of "nice".) mimedefang.pl -features prints a list of detected optional Perl modules. The output looks something like this: SpamAssassin: yes mimedefang.pl -validate calls the function filter_validate, if it is defined in your filter. filter_validate should return an integer; this becomes the exit code. If filter_validate does not exist, an error message is printed and mimedefang.pl exits with an exit code of 1. AUTHOR
mimedefang.pl was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The mimedefang home page is http://www.mimedefang.org/. SEE ALSO
mimedefang(8), mimedefang-filter(5), mimedefang-protocol(7) 4th Berkeley Distribution 8 February 2005 MIMEDEFANG.PL(8)