Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading properties from file and setting variable values Post 303016621 by kchinnam on Monday 30th of April 2018 03:30:55 PM
Old 04-30-2018
Reading properties from file and setting variable values

I want to read properties from a file and print evaluated values of each key.
I am using AIX6.1.

Code:

myfile.props
protocol=http
siteA.host=siteAhostname
pageA=pageNameA
siteAURL1=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32
siteAURL2=${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32
test.enc=AFSAF!$fsafasf+==

Code:

evalnprint.sh
#!/bin/bash
. ./myfile.props

Code:
./evalnprint.sh
./abc.props: line 2: siteA.host=siteAhostname: command not found
./abc.props: line 4: ${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/pagea/blabla?v1=32: bad substitution
./abc.props: line 5: ${protocol}:/${siteA.host}/${pageA}/blabla?v1=32: bad substitution
./abc.props: line 6: test.enc=AFSAF!+==: command not found

Expected output
Code:
http
siteAhostname
pageNameA
http://siteAhostname/pagea/blabla?v1=32
http://siteAhostname/pageNameA/blabla?v1=32
AFSAF!$fsafasf+==

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting properties for vi during run time.

hi I want to view the line numbers in /bin/rvi when i open a file to edit in a script. The default properites of vi editor are not set to view line numbers and not allowed to change them. So instead of doing :set nu everytime editor opens the file, how it can be set temporarily when script is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading variable from file variable values

Hi, Here is the output of lpstat. I would like to read value of Queue which is(abxxxxb1)and status that is DOWN in first line. i dont care what is in second line. any one can help me.thanks Queue Dev Status Job Files User PP % Blks Cp Rnk ------- ----- ---------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with retrieving values from properties file

I have an input file like RMS_RPT_PERIOD_DIM,Table,NYTD_SLS_DM,GPS_SLS_DM1,NYTD_SLS_GPS_INT,RMS_DM,byreddys,7/31/2009,byreddys,7/31/2009,Y,//depot/eqr/salesgps/trunk/src/db/table,TBL_GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS.sql,1.1,,lakshmi,sql,y... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with reading from a properties file

Hi, i have a properties file a.prop where entry is like PROCESS_IDX=0 Now in my shell schript i am doing like this. #!/bin/sh . a.prop .............. -....................... while read line do # tokenize the string by ",". var=(`echo $line | tr ',' ' '`) echo $PROCESS_IDX -->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading the Properties File From Shell script

Hi, I am new to the shell script please I need help for following question. I have properties file name called "com.test.properties" I have No of key values in this properties. com.person.name = xyz com.person.age = 55 com.person.address = hello I want read this properties but i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venukjs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading in properties file

Hi Am new to this scripting stuff so bear with me. I got a script made now that reads in a properties file. The properties file is in the following format: 256= Bos, Sea, FRa 128= HEL I want to be able to read in each line of the file and split out the letter fields by the numbered field. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsekvsek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading values from a file

Hi I have a file in the following format AFUE 0. AOXI 0. VFUE 100.0 VOXI 274.601 TFUE 298. TOXI 2229.544 TMAX 2400. What I want to do is write a bash script, that use either perl/awk or sed to read the number after VFUE and VOXI (which is 100.0 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
1 Replies

8. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

9. AIX

Reading .properties file on AIX and Windows

I have a FirstDoc application that integrates with SharePoint 2010. As per the FirstDoc install guide, I need to generate the sharepoint_authentication properties file and place it on the server and the 2 Windows boxes that contain other components of the app. The properties file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoefiend
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading multiple values from multiple lines and columns and setting them to unique variables.

Hello, I would like to ask for help with csh script. An example of an input in .txt file is below, the number of lines varies from file to file and I have 2 or 3 columns with values. I would like to read all the values (probably one by one) and set them to independent unique variables that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FMMOLA
7 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)