Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Audio Problem-NIS users
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Audio Problem-NIS users Post 303016399 by hicksd8 on Thursday 26th of April 2018 05:42:35 AM
Old 04-26-2018
Welcome to the forum but may I ask why you post this question when you posted the exact same on another forum over 2 years ago???

Sound problem-NIS users

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS users cann't login on AIX and HP

Hey, I've set up a NIS domain with linux as master-server, slave server and clients ... and Linux works fine. To that NIS domain I tried to add a HPUX 11.00 and an AIX 4.3.3 system (till now - there should be more clients in final version). And both systems now have to same problem: I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS users

How's it going, everyone? A question was posed to me recently, and since I don't know the answer, I was wondering if anyone knew the answer/could point me to a website or book with the answer. The head Network Admin asked me if we were able to keep track of which users log into which boxes via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

nis users

Hi friends how to find the nis users in my servers. i have normal users also. Thanks & Regards Manoj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj123
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How can i allow only a group of users in NIS?

Hello experts. I am using Solaris10. How can i allow a group of users, remaining should be deny. Thanx in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
9 Replies

5. Solaris

How to create users in NIS

How to create users in NIS server in solaris Thanks in Advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

audio problem when playign songs

hello to all , i have a problem , actually i download realplayer and play a song , my problem is that, when i start my speaker , and play a song , i m not getting any sound , and song goes on without any sound i have fedora 9 , if any one can solve my problem then thanx very... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert_every1
0 Replies

7. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Audio Problem

Hi I recently installed BT 5 Gnome on my Asus laptop running on Intel HD graphics. I've been having problems with audio, at first I experienced the basic problem that was solved by adding pulse audio to the starting programs. This allowed me to open Sound preferences but I still have no sound.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edreeso
0 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

NIS created users without a home directory

Hi all, So I have created two Centos machines. One is configured as a NIS master and the second is a NIS cleint. The NIS configs are all working perfectly. I created a user nisuser on NIS Master and I can use it on the client. BUT it doesnt show a home directory . Ive been told there is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bulk NIS Users Password Change

Hi All, I am having Solaris 5.10 acting as NIS. How do i change multiple user password in NIS in a batch. I have predefined users with their passwords to be set: Example: user1 password1 user2 password2 Pls advise. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogajwa
0 Replies
nisauthconf(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   nisauthconf(1M)

NAME
nisauthconf - configure NIS+ security SYNOPSIS
nisauthconf [-v] [mechanism,...] DESCRIPTION
nisauthconf controls which authentication flavors NIS+ should use when communicating with other NIS+ clients and servers. If the command is not executed, then NIS+ will default to the AUTH_DES authentication flavor when running security level 2. See rpc.nisd(1M). nisauthconf takes a list of authentication mechanism's in order of preference. An authentication mechanism may use one or more authentica- tion flavors listed below. If des is the only specified mechanism, then NIS+ only use AUTH_DES with other NIS+ clients and servers. If des is the first mechanism, then other authentication mechanism's after des will be ignored by NIS+, except for nisaddcred(1M). After changing the mechanism configuration, the keyserv(1M) daemon must be restarted. Note that doing so will remove encryption keys stored by the running keyserv process. This means that a reboot usually is the safest option when the mechanism configuration has been changed. The following mechanisms are available: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Authentication mechanism | Authentication Flavor | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |des |AUTH_DES | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dh640-0 |RPCSEC_GSS using 640-bit | | |Diffie-Hellman keys | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dh1024-0 |RPCSEC_GSS using 1024-bit | | |Diffie-Hellman keys | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ If no mechanisms are specified, then a list of currently configured mechanisms is printed. OPTIONS
-v Displays a verbose table listing the currently configured authentication mechanisms. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Configuring a System with only RPCSEC_GSS Authentication Flavor To configure a system to use only the RPCSEC_GSS authentication flavor with 640-bit Diffie-Hellman keys, execute the following as root: example# /usr/lib/nis/nisauthconf dh640-0 Example 2: Configuring a System with both RPCSEC_GSS and AUTH_DES Authentication Flavors To configure a system to use both RPCSEC_GSS (with 640-bit Diffie-Hellman keys) and AUTH_DES authentication flavors: example# /usr/lib/nis/nisauthconf dh640-0 des Example 3: Transitioning to Other Authentication Flavors The following example can be used while adding credentials for a new mechanism before NIS+ is authenticating with the new mechanism: example# /usr/lib/nis/nisauthconf des dh640-0 Note that except for nisaddcred(1M), NIS+ will not use mechanisms that follow 'des.' EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/rpcsec/nisplussec.conf NIS+ authentication configuration file. This file may change or be removed in future versions of Solaris. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), keyserv(1M), nisaddcred(1M), rpc.nisd(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
A NIS+ client of a server that is configured for either dh640-0 or dh1024-0 must run Solaris 7 or later, even if the server is also config- ured with des. NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nisauthconf(1M)