Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Wireless connection to printer Post 303016367 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of April 2018 11:15:48 AM
Old 04-25-2018
8 meters of what? Dead air? Cinderblock?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

wireless connection

Hi Having a problem getting the Orinoco silver to work on Redhat 7.3. (new full install) On install it worked - sometimes - but I had to manually set the default gateway to the wireless instead of the 10/100 ethernet card. Most often I had to restart pcmcia to get it going properly. Now its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: caveman_piet
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intermittent Printer connection failure

Hi There What causes the remote printers on unix to loose its connections to the Unix server Sco 6 Version 7 When pinging the print server from unix is comes up with host not connected, but after a few moments the ping reply is positive Then we do a disable and enable of the said printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
0 Replies

3. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless connection with fluxbox via commands

Hi, By default I use all gnome stuff (gdm+metacity+...) and my connection works well. I wanted to try fluxbox. So I've just changed my window manger. And under fluxbox, wireless isn't managed automatically like with gnome. So I tried to set it up manually ... but I can't make my wireless... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Don't have wireless connection any more ..

Hello, Please help me because I'm stuck. I am using Fedora 16 on my notebook Fujitsu A6025. It was working fine for days and then suddenly I lost wireless connection , I can't enable 'ON' option in Network configuration (it looks like disabled) and I don't see any wireless network around me (... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susja
10 Replies

8. Linux

wireless connection problem

Hi everyone, I am new to linux. I have installed ubuntu and I am booting together with window. But I have a problem of wireless connection in ubuntu. If I start booting using ubuntu no wireless networks become available. If I first open window and restart it and open ubuntu then only I can get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
2 Replies
WIRELESS(7)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       WIRELESS(7)

NAME
wireless - Wireless Tools and Wireless Extensions SYNOPSIS
iwconfig iwpriv -a DESCRIPTION
The Wireless Extensions is an API allowing you manipulate Wireless LAN networking interfaces. It is composed of a variety of tools and configuration files. It is documented in more detail in the Linux Wireless LAN Howto. The Wireless Tools are used to change the configuration of wireless LAN networking interfaces on the fly, to get their current configura- tion, to get statistics and diagnose them. They are described in their own man page, see below for references. Wireless configuration is specific to each Linux distribution. This man page will contain in the future the configuration procedure for a few common distributions. For the time being, check the file DISTRIBUTIONS.txt included with the Wireless Tools package. DEBIAN 3.0 In Debian 3.0 (and later) you can configure wireless LAN networking devices using the network configuration tool ifupdown(8). File : /etc/network/interfaces Form : wireless-<function> <value> wireless-essid Home wireless-mode Ad-Hoc See also : /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/wireless-tools /usr/share/doc/wireless-tools/README.Debian SuSE 8.0 SuSE 8.0 (and later) has integrated wireless configuration in their network scripts. Tool : Yast2 File : /etc/sysconfig/network/wireless /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-* Form : WIRELESS_<function>=<value> WIRELESS_ESSID="Home" WIRELESS_MODE=Ad-Hoc See also : man ifup info scpm ORIGINAL PCMCIA SCRIPTS
If you are using the original configuration scripts from the Pcmcia package, you can use this method. File : /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts Form : *,*,*,*) ESSID="Home" MODE="Ad-Hoc" ;; See also : /etc/pcmcia/wireless File PCMCIA.txt part of Wireless Tools package AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/ SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8), iwevent(8). wireless-tools 4 March 2004 WIRELESS(7)