Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Wireless connection to printer Post 303016336 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 24th of April 2018 04:02:40 PM
Old 04-24-2018
So you're really trying to extend a USB connection wirelessly over what distance? How many metres??

There are USB to Wi-fi adapters available provided the range is usable.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

wireless connection

Hi Having a problem getting the Orinoco silver to work on Redhat 7.3. (new full install) On install it worked - sometimes - but I had to manually set the default gateway to the wireless instead of the 10/100 ethernet card. Most often I had to restart pcmcia to get it going properly. Now its... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: caveman_piet
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Intermittent Printer connection failure

Hi There What causes the remote printers on unix to loose its connections to the Unix server Sco 6 Version 7 When pinging the print server from unix is comes up with host not connected, but after a few moments the ping reply is positive Then we do a disable and enable of the said printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
0 Replies

3. AIX

Check printer queue on Windows printer server

Hello Let me first give a small overview of the setup. All printers are connected to Windows 2000 servers. There are a lot of UNIX (AIX & HP-UX) servers as well which have SAP running. I'm working on a script to add printers to a specified SAP instance. I want to verify the user input (to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NielsV
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. Linux

Find printer location and printer type

Hi, Is it possible to find the printer location and printer type (whether it is local or network) using command in Linux ? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forumguest
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wireless connection with fluxbox via commands

Hi, By default I use all gnome stuff (gdm+metacity+...) and my connection works well. I wanted to try fluxbox. So I've just changed my window manger. And under fluxbox, wireless isn't managed automatically like with gnome. So I tried to set it up manually ... but I can't make my wireless... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Don't have wireless connection any more ..

Hello, Please help me because I'm stuck. I am using Fedora 16 on my notebook Fujitsu A6025. It was working fine for days and then suddenly I lost wireless connection , I can't enable 'ON' option in Network configuration (it looks like disabled) and I don't see any wireless network around me (... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: susja
10 Replies

8. Linux

wireless connection problem

Hi everyone, I am new to linux. I have installed ubuntu and I am booting together with window. But I have a problem of wireless connection in ubuntu. If I start booting using ubuntu no wireless networks become available. If I first open window and restart it and open ubuntu then only I can get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
2 Replies
ESCPUTIL(1)						      Gutenprint Manual Pages						       ESCPUTIL(1)

NAME
escputil - maintain Epson Stylus inkjet printers SYNOPSIS
escputil [ -P printer | -r device ] [ -m model ] [ -u ] [ -c | -n | -a | -i | -d | -o | -s | -l | -M | -h ] [ -q ] DESCRIPTION
escputil is a command line utility to perform various maintenance tasks on Epson Stylus inkjet printers. These tasks include head align- ment, head cleaning, nozzle check, printer identification, and retrieval of ink level from the printer. OPTIONS
escputil accepts the following options: -P, --printer-name=printer Specify the name of the printer to operate on. The default is the default system printer. -r, --raw-device=device Specify the name of the device to write to directly rather than going through a printer queue. You must use this (rather than speci- fying a printer) when retrieving ink levels or identifying the printer, or if you wish to perform head alignment without specifying the printer model. -m, --model=model Specify the precise printer model for head alignment. -u, --new The printer is a new printer (Stylus Color 740 or newer). -c, --clean-head Clean the print head. This can also be performed from the printer front panel. -n, --nozzle-check Print a nozzle test pattern. Dirty or clogged nozzles will show as gaps in the pattern. If you see any gaps, you should run a head cleaning pass or two. -a, --align-head Align the print head. CAUTION: Misuse of this option may result in poor print quality and/or damage to the printer. You must either specify the printer model with the -m option, or use the raw printer device to allow escputil to detect the printer model. -i, --ink-level Obtain the ink level from the printer. This requires read/write access to the raw printer device. -d, --identify Query the printer for make and model information. This requires read/write access to the raw printer device. -o, --align-color Align the color print head (used by Stylus Color 480 and 580 only). CAUTION: Misuse of this option may result in poor print quality and/or damage to the printer. -s, --status Retrieve printer status. -l, --license Display the license/warranty terms of this program. -M, --list-models List the supported printer models. -h, --help Display a list of all command line options. -q, --quiet Suppress the banner. BUGS
USB-connected printers sometimes fail to identify or return ink levels. You may have to repeat the command. This is probably a timing issue in escputil, not a flaw in the printer. Anything requiring bidirectional communication with the printer (identify, ink levels, or head alignment without specifying the printer model) requires read/write access to the printer port (for example /dev/lp0). This may require these operations to be performed as root. In addition, kernel support is required for bidirectional communication. For Linux version 2.2, CONFIG_PRINTER_READBACK should be enabled; this is called CONFIG_PARPORT_1284 on 2.4 and later kernels. If the printer is performing self-test or head cleaning on power up, the identify and ink level commands will time out, although the printer successfully receives the command. The command will need to be reissued when the printer is quiescent. AUTHORS
Robert Krawitz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000 Robert Krawitz (rlk@alum.mit.edu) This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. OTHER INFORMATION
The homepage of the Gutenprint project from which this utility was contributed is located at http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/. SEE ALSO
lp(4), tunelp(8). Version 5.2.4 26 Jul 2009 ESCPUTIL(1)