Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C/C++ shared libraries on Linux. Post 303016215 by dryden on Sunday 22nd of April 2018 06:11:59 AM
Old 04-22-2018
There are also programs like patchelf that can set the "rpath" after linking.
This User Gave Thanks to dryden For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shared libraries

Hello everybody, I am having major problems at the moment with shared libraries and I have to little knowledge of them to solve them. So please, please help me :) Ok this is the problem: I have a library A, which uses B and C, and C uses again D. If I try to run A as plugin in apache,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Micky
0 Replies

2. Programming

shared libraries

I am compiling code which produces .a and .la libraries. How can I produce .so libraries? I know that gcc -shared does but how? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification about shared Libraries

I have a doubt about the shared libraries. Where do you set the path for the shared libaries, for the dynamic loader to locate. Any suggestion would be of great help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar_gr
3 Replies

4. Linux

Shared Libraries

How do i make a library shared say i have a library a.so which i have just compiled. I want to make it shared how do i make it Next Queation is what is the difference between a.so.0 a.so.1 a.so.2 & a.so :rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
1 Replies

5. Programming

how to view loaded shared libraries by running processes in linux

anybody knows how to view loaded shared libraries by running processes in linux enviornment? any command or tool ? thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared Libraries- CRITICAL !!

Hi, I am trying to create a shared library from a .c file using gcc -c -fpic -I/usr/local/include Chksum.C -o Chksum.o gcc -shared -o libtclcksum.so Chksum.o when i try to load this shared library libtclcksum.so in tclsh % load libtclcksum.so I get the following error: couldn't load... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana485
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Naming conventions for shared libraries in Linux

Hello, I'm wondering what is the naming conventions for *.so shared libraries in linux. For example, a library in /lib, say libcrypt-2.7.so has a symbolic link called libcrypt.so.1 pointing to it, yet libncursesw.so.5.6 has a symbolic link called libncursesw.so.5 pointing to it. What is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

8. AIX

Loaded Shared Libraries

Hi, I have a problem about loaded shared libraries. I'm issuing ‘procldd' for a process and AIX shows me the loaded shared libraries. I'm collecting these libraries and counting their size. They were 350MB. After this, I'm issuing ‘ps vx' and I'm seeing that the process takes 130MB from AIX's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhatzics
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

shared libraries problem

hi, while running the below query it gives the shared libraries prmblem, $ cd /oracle/app/product/fmw/asinst_1/bin/ $ ./opmnctl status /oracle/app/product/fmw/Oracle_IDM1/opmn/bin/opmn: error while loading shared libraries: libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Permission... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulsword
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Self contained shared libraries

Does anyone know whether it is possible to make self contained shared libraries ? (.so files). If so, what is the way to do it ? ---------- Post updated at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:56 AM ---------- On Solaris that is. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lkb
6 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)