Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting a Date value based on day Post 303015842 by Don Cragun on Friday 13th of April 2018 02:33:11 PM
Old 04-13-2018
What operating system are you using (including release number)?

What shell are you using (including version number)?

If you have a filename like FILE_NAME_20180410, what date do you want? 20180410 or 20180403?

What have you tried to solve this problem on your own?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting day from a date...

Hi, I have a date input in MMDDYYYY format.. I have to give the day (whether that DD is sunday/monday...) Is there any command for it... Or do I have to write a script for that... Thanks in Advance Yeheya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeheyaansari
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a day to a given date

Hi, I have a date field which is a variable field being passed to the script from outside. I need to know how i can add 1 day to it. I have seen example of date subtraction but while adding each time date reaches 31 or 30 i have to put if else condition. Or for leap year also. Kindly let... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallet
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date - 1 day

Hi, I have been trying just about every unix command to come up with yesterday's date (today's date - 1). I have seen all of the help on this forum, and none of it seems to work for me here. We are using Sun Solaris 9 Unix. I am using this script to create a .txt file with ftp commands that I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfedak
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

value of variable based on time of the day

i would need some help in setting the value of a variable (TIME_NOW) depending on the time of the day ...e.g. if today's date is 12th April 2009 and if the current time is between midnight and 16:59:59 hrs then the TIME_NOW should be yesterday's date i.e. TIME_NOW=11 else if the current time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainravi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting date -1 day not using GNU date

It's easy as pie to get the date minus one day on opensolaris: date -d "-1 day" +"%Y%m%d"run this command on our crappy Solaris 10 machines however (which I'm guessing doesn't have GNU date running on it) and you get: date: illegal option -- d date: illegal option -- 1 date: illegal option --... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

8. AIX

Need to get the next day's date of the user entered date

I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date for example: Enter date (yyyy/mm/yy): 2013/10/08I need to get the next day's date of the user entered date Desired Output: 2013/10/09Though there are ways to achieve this is Linux or Unix environment (date command) ,I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm120
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition based on Timestamp (Date/Time based) from logfile (Epoch seconds)

Below is the sample logfile: Userids Date Time acb Checkout time: 2013-11-20 17:00 axy Checkout time: 2013-11-22 12:00 der Checkout time: 2013-11-17 17:00 xyz Checkout time: 2013-11-19 16:00 ddd Checkout time: 2013-11-21 16:00 aaa Checkout... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies
CLP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    CLP(1)

NAME
clp - linear program solver SYNOPSIS
clp filename [ options ] solutionfile DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clp command. clp -- interface to the coin linear programming solver. clp solves the following linear optimization program: minimize c^t x such that: row_lb <= Ax <= row_ub column_lb <= x <= column_ub OPTIONS
When no options are given clp enters the interactive command line mode. Otherwise the program enters a batch mode, for which a summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see /usr/share/doc/coinor-libclp-doc. -help Show summary of options. -primalsimplex solve the problem using the primal simplex method -dualsimplex solve the problem using the dual simplex method -maximize maximize the problem SEE ALSO
glpsol(1),dsdp5(1) This program is fully documented in the accompanying html documentation which can be found in /usr/share/doc/coinor-libclp-doc if the coinor-libclp-doc package is installed. AUTHOR
clp was written by John J. Forrest <jjforre@us.ibm.com> et.al. This manual page was written by Soeren Sonnenburg <sonne@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 7, 2008 CLP(1)