Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to call .sh file from makefile.am? Post 303015833 by srikanth007 on Friday 13th of April 2018 09:57:58 AM
Old 04-13-2018
How to call .sh file from makefile.am?

I have used $(shell ./doEcho.sh) and also tried bin_SCRIPTS = doEcho.sh but it is not working it is compiling but not executing.
I have kept mkdir filename in doEcho.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile autogenerated by shell script for a given .c code file

Hi, I have learned native compilation of basic c code example programs from the net. The issue is, .c code file doesn't come with respective Makefile. Visited some web sites with Makefile manuals but still can not master writing Makefile file to work. The idea is to have intelligent shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Makefile problem - How to run module load in a Makefile

Hi, I'm trying to run the module load command in a Makefile and i'm getting the following error: make: module: command not found Why is this? Is there any way to run this command in a Makefile? NOTE: command - module load msjava/sunjdk/1.5.0 works fine outside of the Makefile (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernandinho
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Multi-Level Makefile (Extremely New at Makefile)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Basically, the prompt is make a makefile with various sub makefiles in their respective subdirectories. All code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tatl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call makefile from shell script

I'm writing a VERY simple shell script. I need to call a makefile in a subdirectory. What's the command I need to use? ./dir/make and ./dir/makefile doesn't work. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamahabob
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile File not found

Hi, I'm having a lot of trouble with a Makefile I am trying to make. I think it is a basic principles issue. When I try to make, I get the error a buildfiles/bin/serial.o file not found error And I have gone over this code multiple times. Based on the compiler, I believe the way I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cciarleg
2 Replies

6. Programming

[Makefile]File + constant problem

Hi guys, I am writing a Makefile with some strange features. What I have is: list of files *.efi list of guids (guid is just a number) one *.efi file is supposed to be used with one guid, so efi file and guid is a pair. What I need is: list of files *.fv How to make *.fv file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
1 Replies

7. Programming

Genrate lib (.a) and binary file (exec) in the same Makefile

Hi there, I have, in my application, one Makefile that generates a .a file. I would like to generate .a and binary executable in the same Makefile. This is possible? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cayo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script from makefile - it is called each time i call make

I've created a tag in the makefile: mytag: $(shell ${PWD}/script.sh) When i do: make clean - the script is executed When i perform make or make mytag the script is again executed with the output: make: Nothing to be done for mytag What i want ? I want script.sh to be executed only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pufo
0 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS 5.5.1 usage of Makefile command in make file

I am new to Solaris and compilation using make files. I have a code base which is organized into different folders. At the root folder is a master make file and in the sub directories, there are make files for that particular folder. In the make files present in subdirectories, I am seeing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call .sh file from makefile.am?

in this bin_SCRIPTS = doEcho.sh this command is not working, $(shell ./doEcho.sh ) this is also not working then how to execute it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanth007
1 Replies
SHTOOL-MKDIR.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-MKDIR.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-mkdir - GNU shtool mkdir(1) style command SYNOPSIS
shtool mkdir [-t|--trace] [-f|--force] [-p|--parents] [-m|--mode mode] [-o|--owner owner] [-g|--group group] dir [dir ...] DESCRIPTION
This is a mkdir(1) style command with additional options and the ability to be smart if the directory already exists which is important for installation procedures. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -t, --trace Shows the actually involved shell commands. -f, --force Forced continuation and no complaints if directory already exists. Default is to terminate with error. -p, --parents Automatic parent directory creation. Default is to only create the last directory in the path and fail if parents are missing. -m, --mode mode The directory mode applied to the directory, see chmod(1). Omitting mode skips this step and leaves the operating system default which is usually based on umask(1). Some directory modes require superuser privileges to be set. Default is to stick with operating system defaults. -o, --owner owner The directory owner name or id applied to the directory, see chown(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing uid or the parent setuid directory. -g, --group group The directory group name or id applied to the directory, see chgrp(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute to the fullest extend, otherwise the choice of group is limited on most operating systems. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing gid or the parent setgid directory. EXAMPLE
# Makefile install: shtool mkdir -f -p -m 755 $(bindir) shtool mkdir -f -p -m 755 $(mandir)/man1 : HISTORY
The GNU shtool mkdir command was originally written for Public Domain by Noah Friedman and later revised by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1999 for inclusion into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), mkdir(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-MKDIR.TMP(1)