Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Vlookup using awk without exact match Post 303015771 by ranjancom2000 on Thursday 12th of April 2018 06:02:17 AM
Old 04-12-2018
Thanks it was working. How i can get update the active_server server list if the server not found from all-server list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
This will replace if $3 contains an active-server name (in a similar manor to grep).

I'm not really sure what the vlookup approximate logic is. If this doesn't suit can you be more specific on how you want to match.

Code:
awk '
  NR==FNR{A[$1];next}
  { for(active_server in A)
       if(index($3, active_server) > 0) {
          $3 = "needtotakesnap " $3
          break
       }
  }1' /home/Others/active-server.txt /home/Others/all-server

---------- Post updated at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjancom2000
Thanks it was working. How i can get update the active_server server list if the server not found from all-server list

Also Vlookup was not able to find the server if it is uppercase is it possible to lookup without case sensitive.

Last edited by ranjancom2000; 04-12-2018 at 07:31 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can awk built-in "match" be exact??

hello everybody, as explained in the title, here is what I want: str1="name1 name2 name3" str2="name1" str3="name" I know that match(str1,str2) will return 1, but I want that match(str1,str3) returns 0 (when it also returns 1...) Is there a way to get that exact matching process done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farphe
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact Word Match

I'm trying to find a exact word match but couldn't do it. ABC ABC_NE Searching for ABC_NE tried grep -w </ABC_NE/> grep "^ABC_NE$" but didn't worked , any awk variants would also help. ---------- Post updated at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:48 AM ---------- I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact match question

Hi, I have a file like follows . . . White.Jack.is.going.home Black.Jack.is.going.home Red.Jack.is.going.home Jack.is.going.home . . . when I make: cat <file> | grep -w "Jack.is.going.home" it gives: White.Jack.is.going.home Black.Jack.is.going.home Red.Jack.is.going.home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salih81
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exact match and #

Hi friends, i am using the following grep command for exact word match: >echo "sachin#tendulkar" | grep -iw "sachin" output: sachin#tendulkar as we can see in the above example that its throwinng the exact match(which is not the case as the keyword is sachin and string is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelmani
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match exact Variable in Awk

I want to match exact string stored in Variable INO and print next two lines. I have written below code which partially matches: awk '/\'$VAR'/{getline; getline; print}' Will be thankful , if somebody can help in to resolve this problem. Please view this code tag video for how to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitj
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with nawk (Exact Match)

I have a file with the contents below "lets say the name of the file is abcxyz" shown at the end of this. I am using nawk to find the exact ip address and the 6 lines after the match is found using the following nawk statement /usr/bin/nawk "/111.46.14.107/,printed==6 { ++printed; print; }"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help match the exact string

I just want to match "binutils1_test" only, and print the match line only lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010:/tmp$ cat file zbinutils1_test bbinutils1_test binutils1_test w-binutils1_test lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010:/tmp$ cat file |grep -w 'binutils1_test' ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vlookup using awk without exact match for two colum input

Source file 1 335 R1-snapfound 0098F RDFType:R1 R2-Dev R2-snapfound ,010C0 RemoteSymmetrixID:345 335 R1-snapfound 00990 RDFType:R1 R2-Dev R2-snapfound ,010C1 RemoteSymmetrixID:345 335 R1-snapfound 009C0 RDFType:R1 R2-Dev R2-snapfound ,009C1 RemoteSymmetrixID:345 335 R1-snapfound 009C1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)