Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: iptables - allow MySql
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users iptables - allow MySql Post 303015687 by stomp on Tuesday 10th of April 2018 07:35:01 AM
Old 04-10-2018
Thanks for providing the requested informations.

The iptables rules are redundant. Everything is open and you additionally allowed the mysql port.

So that's likely not a firewall issue on your mysql server but somewhere between mysql-client and mysql-server is a component that does packet filtering. (Or possibly on your mysql-client machine, but highly unlikely. Just make sure you have no firewall rules configured on your client(iptables -L -v -n)).

So you must figure out which devices are between the mysql-server and client and doing the filtering.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Iptables Log in mysql

Hello all friends I am using ulogd with iptables to import iptables log into mysql but it is not working , Is there any way to log iptables log into mysql , i am using centos 6 Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
0 Replies
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Session::Driver::mysql - CGI::Session driver for MySQL database SYNOPSIS
$s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid); $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:test', User => 'sherzodr', Password => 'hello' }); $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, { Handle => $dbh } ); DESCRIPTION
mysql stores session records in a MySQL table. For details see CGI::Session::Driver::DBI, its parent class. It's especially important for the MySQL driver that the session ID column be defined as a primary key, or at least "unique", like this: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id CHAR(32) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, a_session TEXT NOT NULL ); To use different column names, change the 'create table' statement, and then simply do this: $s = CGI::Session->new('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:project', }); or $s = CGI::Session->new('driver:mysql', undef, { TableName=>'session', IdColName=>'my_id', DataColName=>'my_data', Handle=>$dbh, }); DRIVER ARGUMENTS mysql driver supports all the arguments documented in CGI::Session::Driver::DBI. In addition, DataSource argument can optionally leave leading "dbi:mysql:" string out: $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'shopping_cart'}); # is the same as: $s = CGI::Session->new( 'driver:mysql', $sid, {DataSource=>'dbi:mysql:shopping_cart'}); BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY As of V 4.30, the global variable $CGI::Session::MySQL::TABLE_NAME cannot be used to set the session table's name. This is due to changes in CGI::Session::Driver's new() method, which now allows the table's name to be changed (as well as allowing both the 'id' column name and the 'a_session' column name to be changed). See the documentation for CGI::Session::Driver::DBI for details. In particular, the new syntax for "new()" applies to all database drivers, whereas the old - and bad - global variable method only applied to MySQL. Alternately, call $session -> table_name('new_name') just after creating the session object if you wish to change the session table's name. LICENSING
For support and licensing see CGI::Session. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-08 CGI::Session::Driver::mysql(3pm)