Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hotfolder with inotify-tools, loop FOR not working Post 303015637 by apmcd47 on Monday 9th of April 2018 11:11:05 AM
Old 04-09-2018
What does the file at /address.txt contain?
Code:
#!/bin/bash 
HOTFOLDER=$PWD/HOTFOLDER

inotifywait -q -m -e create ${HOTFOLDER} | while read folder event file
do

filename="${file##*/}" #(1)
name=$(echo "${filename%.*}") #(2)
mail=$(awk -F ',' -v var="$name" '$1==var {print $2,$3}' /address.txt)

if [[ "$event" =~ ^CREATE$ ]] && [[ "${file}" =~ \.xlsx$ ]] && [[ "$mail" = '' ]]
        then
                echo "ERROR"

else
                echo "OK"
         fi
  done

(1) There will be no filepath component, so you do not have to strip it off.
(2) You don't need to put this in an echo:
Code:
name="${filename%.*}"

will work just as well.

Andrew

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if loop is not working

Hello i am trying to remove a line using an input file , but this depends upon user interaction here is the sample #!/bin/sh echo "Please enter whether you want to remove Profile" read value1 if ;then sed /movie/d temp.txt> temp3.txt else echo "Script didnot remove profile" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranga27
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop not working...! :(

Could some one help me on this... For loop is working...! for x in $i do for y in $j do z=`echo $y | awk '{print $2}'` if then FS=`/usr/bin/echo $y` echo $FS >>$Basic_location/out.csv fi done CPRT="Cpoyright @ BTOIDCIM" done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop not working

here we go.. While loop is not working file.. It also invokes one more shell scripts for which parameters need to passed on. while read line do #### #### We want to have a logfile for each load #### PLog="${LogDir}/${Script}.log"; #### ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: premkumardr
5 Replies

4. SCO

inotify() in SCO UNIX

Hi I'm going to write a program in C language to watch activity on file system in SCO UNIX openserver 5.0.6. Apparently Linux provide an API called "inotify" , I'm wondering what's the SCO UNIX package for this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not working

hi everyone i am facing a very strange problem . please help me why my while loop is not working. below is my code #!/bin/ksh file=RCMC_ABC_999_080924_210813.DAR echo ${file} value=001 count=10 echo "abc" echo ${count} value=$((${value} + 1 )) echo ${value} while ] do echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically add paths to inotify

I have initiated an inotify process with --fromfile option and the file contain the paths to be monitored. /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotifywait -d -r -o /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotify_log --fromfile /usr/local/maldetect/sess/inotify.paths.28364 --exclude (^/var/tmp/mysql.sock)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For-loop not working

Hello all, I would like to unzip some files with a for-loop. Is there anyone who could tell me how I should do this - in a correct way? for file in $(ls); do echo gzip -d < $file | tar xf -; done The problem is the pipe - I believe. But how could I do it? I need it for the command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Issues installing inotify-tools on RedHat Linux

I wish to install inotify-tools-3.20.1-2.4.x86_64.rpm on Linux and fire inotifywait command. Initially i was looking for "inotify-tools-3.xx.tar.gz" as instructed here http://jensd.be/248/linux/use-inotify-tools-on-centos-7-or-rhel-7-to-watch-files-and-directories-for-events I have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tip: inotify cron

Dear members, moderators and others. While working on <insert project>, a need has surfaced to watch a directory, and when a file comes, to do appropriate action. So, i started writing some shell code, aware of linux inotify-tools package with inotifywait. Also, i'm seeing a lot of similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Peasant
1 Replies
INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual					       INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)

NAME
inotify_rm_watch - remove an existing watch from an inotify instance SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/inotify.h> int inotify_rm_watch(int fd, int wd); DESCRIPTION
inotify_rm_watch() removes the watch associated with the watch descriptor wd from the inotify instance associated with the file descriptor fd. Removing a watch causes an IN_IGNORED event to be generated for this watch descriptor. (See inotify(7).) RETURN VALUE
On success, inotify_rm_watch() returns zero. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the cause of the error. ERRORS
EBADF fd is not a valid file descriptor. EINVAL The watch descriptor wd is not valid; or fd is not an inotify file descriptor. VERSIONS
Inotify was merged into the 2.6.13 Linux kernel. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. SEE ALSO
inotify_add_watch(2), inotify_init(2), inotify(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 INOTIFY_RM_WATCH(2)