Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to increment version inside a file? Post 303015401 by akshayupadhayay on Wednesday 4th of April 2018 07:24:19 AM
Old 04-04-2018
How to increment version inside a file?

Hi All,

I need to write a shell script which opens a file and increments the version(text) within the file every time the script runs. For example:

Code:
[user@server]$ cat docker_file.yml

version: '3.1'
services:
  ui:
    image: repo-srv.dev.io:5000/facebook/ui:0.0.2-QA1

[user@server]$

So, I would like to update version: 3.1 to version: 3.2 and ui:0.0.2-QA1 to ui:0.0.3-QA1 every time docker_file.yml is opened.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by akshayupadhayay; 04-04-2018 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: grammer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment userid in file

Hello, does anyone know how to increment a userid(number) written in any scripting language that works on a shell? For example: I have a HTML file in this format: userid: name: telephone: Every time I execute my script it adds the same fields, except with the userid incremented. Like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
2 Replies

2. AIX

checking the version revisions of a java file inside the ear using KSHELL in AIX.

consider on day1, in PVCS repository we have java files like a.java,b.java with version revision 1.0, through ANT build script we have compiled and created an ear,named c.ear in AIX build server.we have transfered this ear from build server to portal server through FTP using KSHELL. consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kareemaashik
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and increment

My scripts excepts 4 files ABCD_01 ABCD_02 ABCD_03 ABCD_04 I want to check for these files , and increment counter one by one . at the end i would like to echo as 4 of 4 expected instances of file found . I tried something like thsi $counter =1 if counter=counter+1 i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence and increment

count=0; while read line; do ] && let count=count+1; done < file_name.txt echo echo "$count of 10 files found " echo The scenario is a follows : I have a file which contains a list of filenames present in particular directory . I am checking fo the existence of the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To increment the values from the file

Hi I have the file called "file.txt" which contains the following output $cat file.txt sandy <version>1</version> karen <version>2</version> Rob <version>3</version> peter <version>4</version> i want to write a command which will add the value 1 to the digits and show the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compressing all directories inside a directory and remove the uncompressed version

hi pls give me a script to compress all directories inside a directory and remove the original uncompressed version... >> please also tell the single commmand to uncompress all the directories back...whemn needed (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Numbers in File

Hello, I have a text file withe some records 20121031|5 20121030|3 20121029|1 20121028|4 20121027|6 I want to search for a patten with '20121030' and then increment the second part of the delimiter i.e. 3 by 1 to make it 4 to look like 20121031|5 20121030|4 20121029|1 20121028|4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value in text file

Hi Guys, I am new to shell programing, I have a csv file which has 50k records and I have got the requirement to increment the value in second column after each 5000 records. for example below A,B,C,D //Header 1,1,London,UK 1,1,Manchester,UK 1,1,Glasgow,UK . . . 1,1,Newyork,USA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizzu1555
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to increment date using "for loop" in format MMDDYY inside the shell script?

Need to increment the date from "currentdate + 90days" inside the for loop (i=1 to i=50) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies
nbdrootd()																nbdrootd()

NAME
nbdrootd -- Serve out LTSP images created with ltsp-update-image(8) SYNOPSIS
nbdrootd DESCRIPTION
nbdrootd will serve out LTSP images created with ltsp-update-image(8) which are filesystem images, and compressed with mksquashfs(8). The nbdrootd(8) program is a simple shell script wrapper for nbd-server(1) program, and it is usually run from an inetd(8) instance. EXAMPLE
Add the following line to /etc/inetd.conf(5): 2000 stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/nbdrootd /opt/ltsp/images/i386.img Note that the ltsp-update-image(8) program will do this for you automatically. SEE ALSO
ltsp-update-image(1), nbd-server(1), inetd(8), inetd.conf(5), nbd-client(8). AVAILABILITY
nbdrootd is part of ltsp package and the latest versions are available in source form from https://launchpad.net/products/ltsp (link to URL https://launchpad.net/products/ltsp) . AUTHOR
copyright 2007 Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@freegeek.org>, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version. nbdrootd()