Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to find data in three file and perform replace operation Post 303015329 by as7951 on Tuesday 3rd of April 2018 03:09:18 AM
Old 04-03-2018
Hi Rudic,

It worked now..actually one file containing extra character..have checked with cat -v and found it..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform arithmetic operation on date

Hi all, I would appreciate if anyone knows how to perform adding to date. As for normal date, i can easily plus with any number. But when it comes to month end say for example 28 Jun, i need to perform a plus with number 3, it will not return 1 Jul. Thanks in advance for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace data in text file with data in same file

OK I will do my best to explain what I need help with. I am trying to format an ldif file so I can import it into Oracle oid. I need the file to look like this example. Keep in mind there are 3000 of these in the file. changetype: modify replace: userpassword dn:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timothyha22
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk based script to find the median of all individual columns in a data file

Hi All, I have some data like below. Step1,Param1,Param2,Param3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,5 2,4,5,6 3,0,1,2 3,0,0,0 3,2,1,3 ........ so on Where I need to find the median(arithmetic) of each column from Param1...to..Param3 for each set of Step1 values. (Sort each specific column, if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Perform an operation to all directories

Sorry, about this thread - I solved my own problem! Thanks for taking a look. edit by bakunin: no problem, but it would have been a nice touch to actually tell us what the solution was. This would have been slightlich more educating than just knowing that you found it. I changed your title to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blue Solo
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to skip the first line during find and replace operation

Hi Gurus, I did an exhaustive search for finding the script using "sed" to exclude the first line of file during find and replace. The first line in my file is the header names. Thanks for your help.. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using dbms_pipe with C++ to perform daabase operation

I am getting two result: string and int in c++ code. That I want to store into database. The request which generates result is very frequent. So each time performing db operation to store the result is costly for me. So how this can be achived using dbms_sql? I dont have any experience and how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karimkhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Perform Mathematical Operation Within If in awk?

Hi All, I am using an awk script as below: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{OFS="|";} { if ($1==$3 && $3==$7 && $7==$13 && $2==$6 && $6==$11 && $15-$14+1==$11) print $0"|""TRUE"; else print $0"|""FALSE"; }' tempfile.txt In above script, all conditions are being checked except the one which is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy last few lines of a file, perform math operation and iterate further

Hi, I am trying to generate a data of following order: 4 0 1 642 643 4 642 643 1283 1284 4 1283 1284 1924 1925 4 1924 1925 2565 2566 4 2565 2566 3206 3207 4 3206 3207 3847 3848 4 3847 3848 4488 4489 4 4488 4489 5129 5130 ---------------------- 4 1 2 643 644 4 643 644 1284... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaPa
6 Replies
UNBUFFER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       UNBUFFER(1)

NAME
unbuffer - unbuffer output SYNOPSIS
unbuffer program [ args ] INTRODUCTION
unbuffer disables the output buffering that occurs when program output is redirected from non-interactive programs. For example, suppose you are watching the output from a fifo by running it through od and then more. od -c /tmp/fifo | more You will not see anything until a full page of output has been produced. You can disable this automatic buffering as follows: unbuffer od -c /tmp/fifo | more Normally, unbuffer does not read from stdin. This simplifies use of unbuffer in some situations. To use unbuffer in a pipeline, use the -p flag. Example: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 CAVEATS
unbuffer -p may appear to work incorrectly if a process feeding input to unbuffer exits. Consider: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 If process1 exits, process2 may not yet have finished. It is impossible for unbuffer to know long to wait for process2 and process2 may not ever finish, for example, if it is a filter. For expediency, unbuffer simply exits when it encounters an EOF from either its input or process2. In order to have a version of unbuffer that worked in all situations, an oracle would be necessary. If you want an application-specific solution, workarounds or hand-coded Expect may be more suitable. For example, the following example shows how to allow grep to finish pro- cessing when the cat before it finishes first. Using cat to feed grep would never require unbuffer in real life. It is merely a place- holder for some imaginary process that may or may not finish. Similarly, the final cat at the end of the pipeline is also a placeholder for another process. $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | unbuffer grep abc | cat $ (cat /tmp/abcdef.log ; sleep 1) | unbuffer grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ BUGS
The man page is longer than the program. SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 1 June 1994 UNBUFFER(1)