Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Mutt Configuration for Yahoo! (Working sol -) Post 303015240 by puneet_bapna on Saturday 31st of March 2018 08:07:36 AM
Old 03-31-2018
Unfortunately sending did not work with the above,
here are the changes you have to make

Change

Code:
set smtp_url = "smtp://$imap_user:$imap_pass@smtp.mail.yahoo.com:587"

Add

set ssl_starttls = yes
This User Gave Thanks to puneet_bapna For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to install yahoo messenger

plz help me how to install yahoo messenger... I dont know the version of solaris i m using ... in system config OS is shown as SunOS version 5.8 also specify where to get the installer of messenger... thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Chinese characters on Sol 2.7

Hi there, I need to get a Chinese disclaimer attached to an email on a Solaris 2.7 box. The disclaimer we use is in English and stored as a text file although I've been asked to see if we can add the Chinsese one? Is it simply just a matter of adding the Chinese locale to the OS or is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hayez
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sol 10 Sendmail issue

We have a Spark Solaris 10 box running behind a Pix 501 firewall, we are running NAT and I have mapped access to it from the outside world. Anyway, we can receive mail no problem just can't send. I receive this message bounce: The original message was received at Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:04:29 -0600... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varlania
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

luupgrade: Sol 8 -> Sol 10 u7 (5/09)

Greetings Forumers! I ran into an issue after running luupgrade on v880 running Solaris 8. I want to upgrade to Solaris 10. When I rebooted the system I noticed the file systems listed as such: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

5. Solaris

GCC for X86 on SOL 10

Need help with GCC package. I did downloaded the same from sunfreeware.com for i86, however after doing the unzip I am unable to add the same with pkgadd as I am unable to get the sun standard format as SUNWgcc on my system. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mutt for yahoo and Gmail?

Hi Installed MUTT and configured it for Gmail and got successful and then tried to configure for Yahoo but i am not getting any success in doing that. Can anybody advice what preferences are to be set in .muttrc file for configuring yahoo and moreover How to configure multiple Gmail clients in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

7. Solaris

JASS - upgrading from Sol 9 to Sol 10

Do I need to reinstall/rerun JASS after upgrading from Sol9 to Sol10? Just wondered if the upgrade procedure overwrote any of the settings etc? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab not working with the hour configuration

Hi, When I set the crontab to run every minute, every hour, it works fine. * * * * * env > /tmp/env.output However I want to run it every day at 8:00 AM and it does not run. * 8 * * * env > /tmp/env.output I ran the 'date' command which says it's 8AM PST and also the 'TZ'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samantha13
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mutt configuration for yahoo

I have searched high and low for any solid answer on how to configure mutt for yahoo mail. I don't know how to even get the information that I need to do it, everything that I find is for gmail. It's quite frustrating and I need help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
SMTP_auth(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SMTP_auth(3pm)

NAME
Net::SMTP_auth - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Client with AUTHentication SYNOPSIS
use Net::SMTP_auth; # Constructors $smtp = Net::SMTP_auth->new('mailhost'); $smtp = Net::SMTP_auth->new('mailhost', Timeout => 60); DESCRIPTION
This module implements a client interface to the SMTP and ESMTP protocol AUTH service extension, enabling a perl5 application to talk to and authenticate against SMTP servers. This documentation assumes that you are familiar with the concepts of the SMTP protocol described in RFC821 and with the AUTH service extension described in RFC2554. A new Net::SMTP_auth object must be created with the new method. Once this has been done, all SMTP commands are accessed through this object. The Net::SMTP_auth class is a subclass of Net::SMTP, which itself is a subclass of Net::Cmd and IO::Socket::INET. EXAMPLES
This example authenticates via CRAM-MD5 and sends a small message to the postmaster at the SMTP server known as mailhost: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::SMTP_auth; $smtp = Net::SMTP_auth->new('mailhost'); $smtp->auth('CRAM-MD5', 'user', 'password'); $smtp->mail($ENV{USER}); $smtp->to('postmaster'); $smtp->data(); $smtp->datasend("To: postmaster "); $smtp->datasend(" "); $smtp->datasend("A simple test message "); $smtp->dataend(); $smtp->quit; CONSTRUCTOR
new Net::SMTP_auth [ HOST, ] [ OPTIONS ] This is the constructor for a new Net::SMTP_auth object. It is taken from Net::SMTP as all other methods (except auth and auth_types) are, too. METHODS
Unless otherwise stated all methods return either a true or false value, with true meaning that the operation was a success. When a method states that it returns a value, failure will be returned as undef or an empty list. auth_types () Returns the AUTH methods supported by the server as an array or in a space separated string. This string is exacly the line given by the SMTP server after the "EHLO" command containing the keyword "AUTH". auth ( AUTH, USER, PASSWORD ) Authenticates the user "USER" via the authentication method "AUTH" and the password "PASSWORD". Returns true if successful and false if the authentication failed. Remember that the connection is not closed if the authentication fails. You may issue a differ- ent authentication attempt. If you once are successfully authenticated, you cannot send the "AUTH" command again. The "AUTH" method "NTLM" is supported via Authen::NTLM (thanks to James Fryman). SEE ALSO
Net::SMTP and Net::Cmd AUTHOR
Alex Pleiner <alex@zeitform.de>, zeitform Internet Dienste. Thanks to Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> for Net::SMTP. NTLM authentication code provided by James Fryman <jfryman@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001, 2003, 2006 zeitform Internet Dienste. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2006-01-13 SMTP_auth(3pm)