Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Change title of a thread after it is created Post 303014741 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 20th of March 2018 05:17:29 AM
Old 03-20-2018
I think only moderators and administrators can change a thread title.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Console Title

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to change the title of my console window. I don't need it to dynamically change with my current directory. I just want to be able to change the name of it, so when I minimize the window I can see which windows are for what purpose. I've tried using the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: medmonson
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Change Terminal Title

Is it possible to change the title of a Terminal window on Solaris? For example, for a MS Windows command window, one can simply type "title NameofWindow" to change the title for a command window. I was looking for similar functionality for terminal windows. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

4. AIX

How to change cronjob title?

Once I type "mail" command, I got to see the mail like below: > 1 daemon Thu Aug 12 17:31 31/938 "Output from cron job " My question is, how to do change the default title "Output from cron job " to be more customized title? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change putty title name

Hello all, I have a not so unix question for you guys(or maybe it is). I use PUTTY to login to serverA (my putty title shows as serverA.domainname.com) Now from ServerA i do ssh user@ServerB (i have ssh public private key setup)... now my question is when i do ssh and logon to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
20 Replies
pthread_detach(3T)														pthread_detach(3T)

NAME
pthread_detach() - mark a thread as detached to reclaim its resources when it terminates SYNOPSIS
PARAMETERS
thread Thread whose resources are to be reclaimed immediately when it terminates. DESCRIPTION
is used to detach the thread thread. When thread terminates, its resources will automatically be reclaimed by the system. If thread has already terminated, causes the resources of thread to be reclaimed by the system. does not cause thread to terminate. Once a detached thread has terminated, its resources, including the thread ID, may be reused by the system. The return status of a detached thread is lost when the thread terminates. Calling this function multiple times for the same thread results in undefined behavior. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, returns zero. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error (the variable is not set). ERRORS
If any of the following occur, the function returns the corresponding error number: [EINVAL] thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to thread. AUTHOR
was derived from the IEEE POSIX P1003.1c standard. SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3T), pthread_join(3T), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
Pthread Library pthread_detach(3T)