Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Change title of a thread after it is created Post 303014736 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 19th of March 2018 08:02:10 PM
Old 03-19-2018
Click on "edit" which opens the quick editor. Click "edit" again and you are in the full editor. You should be able to change the title there.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Console Title

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to change the title of my console window. I don't need it to dynamically change with my current directory. I just want to be able to change the name of it, so when I minimize the window I can see which windows are for what purpose. I've tried using the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: medmonson
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Change Terminal Title

Is it possible to change the title of a Terminal window on Solaris? For example, for a MS Windows command window, one can simply type "title NameofWindow" to change the title for a command window. I was looking for similar functionality for terminal windows. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

4. AIX

How to change cronjob title?

Once I type "mail" command, I got to see the mail like below: > 1 daemon Thu Aug 12 17:31 31/938 "Output from cron job " My question is, how to do change the default title "Output from cron job " to be more customized title? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change putty title name

Hello all, I have a not so unix question for you guys(or maybe it is). I use PUTTY to login to serverA (my putty title shows as serverA.domainname.com) Now from ServerA i do ssh user@ServerB (i have ssh public private key setup)... now my question is when i do ssh and logon to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
20 Replies
xudced(1)						      General Commands Manual							 xudced(1)

NAME
xudced - user-defined character editor SYNOPSIS
xudced [udc_file [WIDTHxHEIGHT]] DESCRIPTION
xudced is an editor that creates, modifies, and deletes user-defined characters (UDC). It uses bitmap(1) to edit UDC character patterns. Character patterns from existing HP Asian fonts can be modified to create UDCs. xudced runs on the X Window System, Version 11. If udc_file is not specified, the file $HOME/.nlio_udc is read. WIDTHxHEIGHT sets the size of UDC pattern. This can be specified by the udc_width and the udc_height resources. If it is not specified, 24x24 is used. Menu Functions are selected with pull-down menus. To select a function, move the mouse pointer to the menu header. Press and hold the left mouse button. A pull-down menu appears. Drag the mouse pointer down to the desired function and release the mouse button. Functions with the ... suffix invoke a pop-up box that requests further information. The following functions are available: File Open ... Open a file for editing. A pop-up box appears. Enter the file name and the size of the UDC and click OK to display the file. Click Cancel to abort the function. Open font ... Open an HP font and display its contents in another window. A pop-up box appears. Enter the HP font name and click OK to display the font. Click Cancel to abort the function. Save Save UDCs to the file. They are sorted by index number according to the udc(4) format. Exit Exit xudced. If the UDCs have been changed since the last Save, a pop-up box appears. Click yes to save the UDCs before exiting. Click no to exit without saving. Click cancel to abort the function. Edit To edit a particular UDC, move the mouse pointer to the UDC, click the left mouse button, and select an Edit function. These functions can be selected from the Edit menu header, or by clicking and dragging the right mouse button while in the edit window. Cut Remove the selected UDC and store it in the Cut&Paste buffer. Copy Copy the selected UDC to the Cut&Paste buffer. Paste Insert the contents of the Cut&Paste buffer. Delete Remove the selected UDC. Search ... Search a UDC. A pop-up box appears. Enter the index number of the UDC and click OK to search the UDC. Click Cancel to abort the function. Modify pattern ... Invoke bitmap(1) to modify the character pattern of the selected UDC. View Code ... Display the index code and the character pattern for all UDCs in the file. A new window appears that dis- plays the index codes and the character patterns. Click Close to close the window. Cut buffer ... Display the contents of Cut&Paste buffer. A new window appears. Click Close to close the window. Cut&Paste Buffer The contents of the Cut&Paste buffer is shared among windows. Therefore, the Cut, Copy, and Paste functions can be used to move character patterns between windows. X Defaults xudced uses the following resources: background background color. foreground foreground color. font text font. udc_width default width of UDC. udc_height default height of UDC. REMARKS
In Japanese environment, two main windows are invoked. One is for the udc of JIS X 0208 font, and the other is for the udc of JIS X 0212 font. SEE ALSO
bitmap(1), udcc(1), udcload(1), udc(4). xudced(1)