Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File transfer from remote to local Post 303014621 by jgt on Friday 16th of March 2018 10:05:51 AM
Old 03-16-2018
Make a list of the files that you have processed on the receiving machine, and remove only those files from the sending machine just prior to the next mget.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6 Remote File Transfer

Hi, I have a server which has SCO Openserver 6 on it and also kermit installed, unfortunately I can't seem to get kermit to send or receive files, is there another way I can use to transfer files remotely? I only have remote access to the server via a dial up modem Any comments/suggestions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martyn
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File System - Remote or Local??

Is there a way to find if the file systems mounted on a AIX/Linux box is local or remote? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Un1xNewb1e
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to execute a remote file with local command

Hello, I know this is somewhat strange, but please let me know if possible. I want to execute a program file in the remote machine with command on the local machine. Let me make things more clear. Suppose I have a cc on my local system and do not have that on the remote system. I want to use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_Raghav
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to transfer file from Local PC to Unix Directory without FTP!!!

Dear Friends, How to transfer files from my local PC to Unix directory without using FTP. Scenario: Transfer/Upload a file from PC to unix using web browser without using FTP technologies. I heard something like sendunix and sendpc used to transfer files from unix to Desktop and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kk_c2il2
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer file from Local PC to UNIX Directory without FTP?

Dear All, i am trying to get the file from windows location to unix location without using FTP and neither thru entering the user id and password. I have one unix form which is running on web application and user is entering the location and file name there now i know the file name and path. So i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer image file from local to remote with sftp

Hi. I have managed to transfer a file from remote to my raspberry pi, but I have the camera mounted on the Raspbien so I would like to transfer the image the other way. I use this line: sshpass -p 'PASSWORD' scp -- USER@ssh.servername.com:/www/cam/image.jpg /home/pi/shared/web/image.jpg (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brickglow
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote file transfer between Linux and Windows

Hello, I have a file, say details.txt on my windows machine. I want to copy it to linux machine through a shell script and edit the file and transfer the file back to windows machine. (All I want to do is to edit the file on windows machine from linux machine by a script.) I have tried scp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Devendra Hupri
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)