Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate. Post 303014562 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 14th of March 2018 03:27:28 PM
Old 03-14-2018
I think you must detect if it's the first write to each logfile.
This is done with a hash (associative arrary).
Code:
while(<>) {
  if (/^#(\w+)#(.+)$/) {
    if ($last_name ne $1) {
      close $writeout if $writeout;
      if (!defined $fn{$1}) {
# not yet in hash => rename if present
        if (-f "$1.log") { rename "$1.log","$1.log.old"; }
# put in hash
        $fn{$1}="";
      }
      open($writeout, '>>', "$1.log");
    }

This renames to .old. Putting a date is left as an exercise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove out date logs

hi all, i would like to write the shell script to remove the out-dated log my log file name will be like this: access_20050101.log access_20050102.log . . . access_20071007.log access_20071008.log access_20071009.log i has try to write the command as following, it will be remove the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_wong_ch
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to rotate logs

I have a shell script that will gzip/tar/archive application logs that are over 20 days old which works just fine, but I would like to convert to a Perl script. Problem is, I'm a beginner with Perl and all attempts so far have failed. Basicaly I have a log dir /app/logs that contains several... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
18 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove logs by date

Hi I Need To Remove Logs Older Than April 1 St(4/1/2007) By Date I Have A Script To Remove 3 Months Old Like Using 90 Days Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvdev
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to move logs

Does anyone have a good script to move log files from a cron? There are a lot of logs, about 100 or more and they are constantly being written too. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to auto process ten random files and generate logs

Hello member's I'm learning to script in the ksh environment on a Solaris Box. I have 10 files in a directory that I need to pass, as input to a batch job one by one. lets say, the files are named as follows: abcd.txt ; efgh.bat ; wxyz.temp etc. (random filenames with varied extensions ).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lots of logs to move....don't remove if open

I have a ksh script that currently moves a day's worth of log files (about 15,000) files to a different directory. The issue is that about 100 of these files are still open for write when this happens. I need an efficient way to ensure that these files aren't open without doing an lsof on each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nestafaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Search Logs Several Directories Pulling out Only Current Date

Hi All.. I'm seeking assistance with editing a script to search log files in several directories. I'm close to what I'm seeking, but need additional guidance. The log files are always listed by current date; however, inside the log file includes dates that go back to 2011. What I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lenaf7
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to parse multiple windows event logs.

Hi all, I am developing a log parsing agent in perl to send windows Event logs to Zenoss Monitoring tool. Using Win32::EventLog i can able to get the Event messages but only one Eventype eg Application or System could able to parse at a time. Can you please help to how to open mutiple eventlogs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract last 24 hrs logs from cronlog

Hi Friends, Can anybody help me to create a perl script to generate log file for last 24 hrs from cron log file ?? Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamji.vm
2 Replies
GETBUILDLOG(1)						      General Commands Manual						    GETBUILDLOG(1)

NAME
getbuildlog - download build logs from Debian auto-builders SYNOPSIS
getbuildlog package [version-pattern] [architecture-pattern] DESCRIPTION
getbuildlog downloads build logs of package from Debian auto-builders. It downloads build logs of all versions and for all architectures if version-pattern and architecture-pattern are not specified or empty, otherwise only build logs whose versions match version-pattern and build logs whose architectures match architecture-pattern will be downloaded. The version and architecture patterns are interpreted as extended regular expressions as described in grep(1). If version-pattern is "last" then only the logs for the most recent version of package found on buildd.debian.org will be downloaded. If version-pattern is "last-all" then the logs for the most recent version found on each build log index will be downloaded. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show usage information and examples. -V, --version Show version and copyright information. EXAMPLES
getbuildlog hello 2.2-1 amd64 Download amd64 build log for hello version 2.2-1. getbuildlog glibc "" mips.* Download mips(el) build logs of all glibc versions. getbuildlog wesnoth .*bpo.* Download all build logs of backported wesnoth versions. AUTHOR
Written by Frank S. Thomas <fst@debian.org>. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities GETBUILDLOG(1)