Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounted and unmounted
Operating Systems AIX Mounted and unmounted Post 303014527 by khaled_ly84 on Wednesday 14th of March 2018 04:51:30 AM
Old 03-14-2018
Thanks, Rbatte1
what's important to me is (create filesystem) because who is going to install Oracl is another guy and he asked me to
1- create a new volume group and mount it under /u02 of size 100GB. (I created a new vg "VG1"), but I wanna know who to mounted under /u02 of size 100GB
2- no need to mirror filesystem.
-Install Os Patches
I have a subscribed version of Aix 7.1 and what I know Os patches means APARs (Instfix/APAR).
what I wanna know is mounting and unmount and also who to increase paging space.
Below command maybe be informative to you
# oslevel -s
7100-03-04-1441
# lsvg
rootvg
VG1

thanks and sorry for if there is anything not clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

If you have multiple hard drives and multiple mounted filesystems, how can you tell which filesystem resides on which disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

2. Debian

/ is getting mounted in read-only!

once after the fsck during booting linux(debian 3.0) found some corruption in root (/) partition. Then it corrected it; but problem here is root partition is getting mounted in readonly. Other partitions like /home /tmp /boot are normal (rw). after doing fsck -f for the root partion it finds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
0 Replies

3. SCO

filesystem not getting unmounted

Hi, I'm working on SCO 2.1. I had a problem with my datadrive & I had replaced it lastly. Now one of the installed filesystems is not getting unmounted at the time of shutting down the system (I guess):confused: after the installation of new tape drive. If I try to unmount it forciblyby writing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nensee7
1 Replies

4. SCO

file system under /dev have been unmounted

Dear all, i am running SCO unix 7.1, and i had a problem with the system file that was full thus some application wasn't able to be executed; then i've done the following: - move some core files from / directory - Increase the system parameter FLCKREC, then rebuild the system. - after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athos19
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill shell script when host program not running/disk unmounted

I have my Mac OS X program executing a shell script (a script that copies files to a drive). I want to make it so that the shell script automatically kills itself if it finds that the host .app is not running OR kill itself if the drive that it is copying files to has been unmounted. Right now what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

LVM unmounted due to out of memory

Hi , Our one of VMguest all lvm got unmounted once the machine is rebooted when in repair state dmesg its showing an error out of memory killed process 22289 (lvm) please refer screen shots attached when i look the lvscan its showing all lvm are inactive i checked throuh top there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
0 Replies

8. AIX

Filesystem Unmounted

Please help me to find or how the filesystem got unmounted without our(Admin) knowledge? :confused::confused: It was an Application filesystem and server was not rebooted. Customer is asking the RCA that how their filesystem got umounted? bash-3.2# uptime 02:49PM up 193 days, 18:59, 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New mounted directory

Hello I need to install a new application on my linux server but needs to have a new directory e.g /opt/InCharge as this is the directory that the application would ask for during installation .This directory needs to be mounted if df -h it should appear as mounted (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
9 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

NFS mounted and unmounted shell script

Hi, I making a script to check nfs mount and unmount options. After various findings, i didn't get any solution for that. Can you please help me in making the script. 1) I have used, if grep -qs '/var/JETSHARE' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's mounted." else echo "It's not mounted. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)