Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounted and unmounted
Operating Systems AIX Mounted and unmounted Post 303014527 by khaled_ly84 on Wednesday 14th of March 2018 04:51:30 AM
Old 03-14-2018
Thanks, Rbatte1
what's important to me is (create filesystem) because who is going to install Oracl is another guy and he asked me to
1- create a new volume group and mount it under /u02 of size 100GB. (I created a new vg "VG1"), but I wanna know who to mounted under /u02 of size 100GB
2- no need to mirror filesystem.
-Install Os Patches
I have a subscribed version of Aix 7.1 and what I know Os patches means APARs (Instfix/APAR).
what I wanna know is mounting and unmount and also who to increase paging space.
Below command maybe be informative to you
# oslevel -s
7100-03-04-1441
# lsvg
rootvg
VG1

thanks and sorry for if there is anything not clear

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

If you have multiple hard drives and multiple mounted filesystems, how can you tell which filesystem resides on which disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

2. Debian

/ is getting mounted in read-only!

once after the fsck during booting linux(debian 3.0) found some corruption in root (/) partition. Then it corrected it; but problem here is root partition is getting mounted in readonly. Other partitions like /home /tmp /boot are normal (rw). after doing fsck -f for the root partion it finds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
0 Replies

3. SCO

filesystem not getting unmounted

Hi, I'm working on SCO 2.1. I had a problem with my datadrive & I had replaced it lastly. Now one of the installed filesystems is not getting unmounted at the time of shutting down the system (I guess):confused: after the installation of new tape drive. If I try to unmount it forciblyby writing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nensee7
1 Replies

4. SCO

file system under /dev have been unmounted

Dear all, i am running SCO unix 7.1, and i had a problem with the system file that was full thus some application wasn't able to be executed; then i've done the following: - move some core files from / directory - Increase the system parameter FLCKREC, then rebuild the system. - after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athos19
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill shell script when host program not running/disk unmounted

I have my Mac OS X program executing a shell script (a script that copies files to a drive). I want to make it so that the shell script automatically kills itself if it finds that the host .app is not running OR kill itself if the drive that it is copying files to has been unmounted. Right now what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

LVM unmounted due to out of memory

Hi , Our one of VMguest all lvm got unmounted once the machine is rebooted when in repair state dmesg its showing an error out of memory killed process 22289 (lvm) please refer screen shots attached when i look the lvscan its showing all lvm are inactive i checked throuh top there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
0 Replies

8. AIX

Filesystem Unmounted

Please help me to find or how the filesystem got unmounted without our(Admin) knowledge? :confused::confused: It was an Application filesystem and server was not rebooted. Customer is asking the RCA that how their filesystem got umounted? bash-3.2# uptime 02:49PM up 193 days, 18:59, 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New mounted directory

Hello I need to install a new application on my linux server but needs to have a new directory e.g /opt/InCharge as this is the directory that the application would ask for during installation .This directory needs to be mounted if df -h it should appear as mounted (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
9 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

NFS mounted and unmounted shell script

Hi, I making a script to check nfs mount and unmount options. After various findings, i didn't get any solution for that. Can you please help me in making the script. 1) I have used, if grep -qs '/var/JETSHARE' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's mounted." else echo "It's not mounted. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies
xfs_growfs(8)                                                 System Manager's Manual                                                xfs_growfs(8)

NAME
xfs_growfs, xfs_info - expand an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_growfs [ -dilnrxV ] [ -D size ] [ -e rtextsize ] [ -L size ] [ -m maxpct ] [ -t mtab ] [ -R size ] mount-point xfs_info [ -t mtab ] mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_growfs expands an existing XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be grown (see mount(8)). The existing contents of the filesystem are undisturbed, and the added space becomes available for additional file storage. xfs_info is equivalent to invoking xfs_growfs with the -n option (see discussion below). OPTIONS
-d | -D size Specifies that the data section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -D size option is given, the data section is grown to that size, otherwise the data section is grown to the largest size possible with the -d option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. -e Allows the real-time extent size to be specified. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -r extsize=nnnn. -i The new log is an internal log (inside the data section). [NOTE: This option is not implemented] -l | -L size Specifies that the log section of the filesystem should be grown, shrunk, or moved. If the -L size option is given, the log section is changed to be that size, if possible. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The size of an internal log must be smaller than the size of an allocation group (this value is printed at mkfs(8) time). If neither -i nor -x is given with -l, the log contin- ues to be internal or external as it was before. [NOTE: These options are not implemented] -m Specify a new value for the maximum percentage of space in the filesystem that can be allocated as inodes. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -i maxpct=nn. -n Specifies that no change to the filesystem is to be made. The filesystem geometry is printed, and argument checking is performed, but no growth occurs. -r | -R size Specifies that the real-time section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -R size option is given, the real-time section is grown to that size, otherwise the real-time section is grown to the largest size possible with the -r option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The filesystem does not need to have contained a real-time section before the xfs_growfs operation. -t Specifies an alternate mount table file (default is /proc/mounts if it exists, else /etc/mtab). This is used when working with filesystems mounted without writing to /etc/mtab file - refer to mount(8) for further details. -V Prints the version number and exits. The mount-point argument is not required with -V. xfs_growfs is most often used in conjunction with logical volumes (see md(4) and lvm(8) on Linux). However, it can also be used on a regu- lar disk partition, for example if a partition has been enlarged while retaining the same starting block. PRACTICAL USE
Filesystems normally occupy all of the space on the device where they reside. In order to grow a filesystem, it is necessary to provide added space for it to occupy. Therefore there must be at least one spare new disk partition available. Adding the space is often done through the use of a logical volume manager. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), md(4), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_growfs(8)