Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mounted and unmounted
Operating Systems AIX Mounted and unmounted Post 303014478 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 13th of March 2018 07:20:45 AM
Old 03-13-2018
Welcome khaled_ly84,

There are several large chunks of work here and much that we don't know from the limited description. I'm afraid that I have questions for them all.

Install Oracle database:
  • Do you need to install the Oracle software?
  • Is the Oracle DB software installed and you need to create an instance?
  • Is there an instance that you need to create a schema in?

Create filesystem
  • Do you have more than one volume group? (Use command lsvg to see if there's more than rootvg displayed)
  • Do you need to create a mirrored filesystem (simple local disk) or not (some other hardware protection, e.g. RAID or a SAN provided)

Install OS patches
  • Do you have a subscription to the IBM site to download patches?
  • What is your current OS version. Something like oslevel -s might help here, but I can't be sure on the syntax.

Before we know a bit more, I'd be worried about proceeding.

Kind regards,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mounted filesystems

If you have multiple hard drives and multiple mounted filesystems, how can you tell which filesystem resides on which disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

2. Debian

/ is getting mounted in read-only!

once after the fsck during booting linux(debian 3.0) found some corruption in root (/) partition. Then it corrected it; but problem here is root partition is getting mounted in readonly. Other partitions like /home /tmp /boot are normal (rw). after doing fsck -f for the root partion it finds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
0 Replies

3. SCO

filesystem not getting unmounted

Hi, I'm working on SCO 2.1. I had a problem with my datadrive & I had replaced it lastly. Now one of the installed filesystems is not getting unmounted at the time of shutting down the system (I guess):confused: after the installation of new tape drive. If I try to unmount it forciblyby writing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nensee7
1 Replies

4. SCO

file system under /dev have been unmounted

Dear all, i am running SCO unix 7.1, and i had a problem with the system file that was full thus some application wasn't able to be executed; then i've done the following: - move some core files from / directory - Increase the system parameter FLCKREC, then rebuild the system. - after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athos19
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill shell script when host program not running/disk unmounted

I have my Mac OS X program executing a shell script (a script that copies files to a drive). I want to make it so that the shell script automatically kills itself if it finds that the host .app is not running OR kill itself if the drive that it is copying files to has been unmounted. Right now what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

LVM unmounted due to out of memory

Hi , Our one of VMguest all lvm got unmounted once the machine is rebooted when in repair state dmesg its showing an error out of memory killed process 22289 (lvm) please refer screen shots attached when i look the lvscan its showing all lvm are inactive i checked throuh top there... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
0 Replies

8. AIX

Filesystem Unmounted

Please help me to find or how the filesystem got unmounted without our(Admin) knowledge? :confused::confused: It was an Application filesystem and server was not rebooted. Customer is asking the RCA that how their filesystem got umounted? bash-3.2# uptime 02:49PM up 193 days, 18:59, 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New mounted directory

Hello I need to install a new application on my linux server but needs to have a new directory e.g /opt/InCharge as this is the directory that the application would ask for during installation .This directory needs to be mounted if df -h it should appear as mounted (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
9 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

NFS mounted and unmounted shell script

Hi, I making a script to check nfs mount and unmount options. After various findings, i didn't get any solution for that. Can you please help me in making the script. 1) I have used, if grep -qs '/var/JETSHARE' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's mounted." else echo "It's not mounted. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies
DPATCH-LIST-PATCH(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DPATCH-LIST-PATCH(1)

NAME
dpatch-list-patch - List available patches SYNOPSIS
dpatch-list-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the dpatch-list-patch command which simply lists the available patches in a dpatch-based source tree together with their accompanying comments. WARNING
dpatch is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide on how to do it. OPTIONS
Without any options dpatch-list-patch will list the patches in the current source tree. -s, --sourcedir Source directory. Defaults to . -h, --help Show summary of options. SEE ALSO
dpatch(1), dpatch(7), dpatch.make(7), dpatch-edit-patch(1), dpatch-convert-diffgz(1) Files in /usr/share/doc/dpatch/ AUTHOR
dpatch-list-patch was written by Junichi Uekawa <dancer@debian.org>. This manual page was written by Gergely Nagy <algernon@debian.org>. DPATCH
Dec 13, 2011 DPATCH-LIST-PATCH(1)