Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Return Code to shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Return Code to shell script Post 303014345 by ctac_ on Friday 9th of March 2018 04:13:05 PM
Old 03-09-2018
If you don(t want the output of return.sh
no need of :
Code:
 : [...]
             The null command.  Exit status is set to zero.

you can try this way
Code:
./return.sh >/dev/null;echo reply is $?

This User Gave Thanks to ctac_ For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store return code of shell script in oracle table

Hi friends, I have to do the following things : 1) there should be a shell script returning the returning the return code of the script. and i have to add some more details like on which machine is has run , at what time and other details and then using plsql i have to add a row to Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture Oracle return code in shell script

I am using the following code in my shell script list=`sqlplus -s $user/$pwd@$dbms<<EOF WHENEVER SQLERROR EXIT SQL.SQLCODE set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off heading off echo off select * from control_tbl where src_nm=$3 and extrct_nm=$4; exit SQL.SQLCODE; EOF` ERROR=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vikas Sood
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

return code from script

hey all, I have a simple script #!/bin/bash ./cron.sh test_a.txt & ./cron.sh test_b.txt & wait I want to invoke another program based on the return status of the above calls. How am I were to get that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return value in shell script

im using bourne shell In file scriptA i add a new function, test_return() test_return() { a=1 return $a } when i try execute , a='/''/scriptA test_return echo $a its give me error.. scriptA: cannot return when not in function ist any solution for this problem.. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neruppu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return the value from the called shell script to the calling sh script

Hi all, I have two ksh scripts #sample1.sh #!/bin/ksh . ./sample2.sh echo $fileExist #sample2.sh #!/bin/ksh func() { i=1 return $a } func echo $? Here how should I return the value of sample2.sh back to sample1.sh? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gp_singh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to return fail or pass from shell script on the basis of pl/sql code execution

Hi guys, I am quite new in shell scripting. I am tring to promote some oracle jobs into control-M. In control-M, I am calling a script which establishes a connection with database and execute some procedures. Now I want if that PL/sql Block got failed script should return failure to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok1301
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to return a value of a variable from shell script to perl script

HI , Is there any way to return a value of variable from shell to perl script. Code: === Perl file my $diff1=system("sh diff.sh"); my $diff2=system("sh diff1.sh"); I need exit status of below commands i.e 0 and 1 respectively. Since in both the cases diff is working so system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkelect
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get return code from mutt if an address is invalid/undeliverable from Unix shell script

I am using mutt on ksh Unix to send emails to addresses plucked from the database. If the "To:" email address is not longer valid and so the email is not sent to the "To:" recipient, but is sent to the valid cc address, I need to be able to get an error code returned to the shell script so that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzuber
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture script return code?

Hi I am executing database backup via shell script (Korn). The backup log is long, but I would like to capture only the last line so I can send an email if it fails Example of failed backup (only last 3 lines) BR0056I End of database backup: bejbofoh.aff 2012-07-26 07.31.21 BR0280I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email shell script return code

Hi All, I'm new to unix and I have a requirement to execute a shell script and get the return code/Exit code and send it in email. Meaninig we execute a script which in turn execute a shel script and fetches it\s return code and send it to email. I tried the code below as : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)