Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data Post 303014331 by Aia on Friday 9th of March 2018 10:38:15 AM
Old 03-09-2018
It is best to create a different thread if the request/inquire is different than the original post.
Code:
while(<>) {
    print $_;
}

while (<DATA>) {
    print $_;
}

__DATA__
EXTRACT e1_bill1
SETENV (ORACLE_SID = "TV19DBM")
SETENV (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/11.2.0.4/db_1)
SETENV (NLS_LANG = "AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII")

--USERID GGSCHEMA, PASSWORD , &
USERID 4444444A@xxxxxx, PASSWORD "xxxxxx"

TRANLOGOPTIONS DBLOGREADER
TRANLOGOPTIONS excludeuser GGSCHEMA
TRANLOGOPTIONS excludeuser esg_dba
nocompressupdates -- Include the full record
nocompressdeletes -- Include the full record
-- To avoid need to delete log manually[but may need to enable it in Dataguard Environemnt]
--TRANLOGOPTIONS LOGRETENTION DISABLED
-- Cache Manger parameter to limit memory utilization by extract
CACHEMGR CACHESIZE 1GB
-- Must be used together and directs Extract to fetch data from the source table if it cannot fetch
FETCHOPTIONS USELATESTVERSION, NOUSESNAPSHOT
--Warns for a long running transaction
WARNLONGTRANS 1h, CHECKINTERVAL 10m

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read the data from multiple files and sum the value

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to read multiple files using Shell Script in Korn Shell. each file will have the 3rd line as the amount field, i have to read this amount field and sum it for all the files. any idea on how to achieve this?? (i think i can achieve it using a loop,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate report based on data in files.

Hi All, I need to develop a shell script which does sanity check of a data file, as below. 1. For DATE columns, it should check if date is given in proper format or not? For example, if format of date is expected as DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS and we received the date in formation like DDMMYYYY HH24,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Data from Config file using Perl

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me how to read data from config file in Perl. Suppose i have a config file named cfile. The data in config file is name=parth lname=mittal user=2007 hostname=fluoride username=parthmittal password=XXXXXX account=unix url=www.unix.com ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple files, parse data and append to a file

Hi..Can anyone suggest a simple way of achieving this. I have several files which ends with extension .vcf . I will give example with two files In the below files, we are interested in File 1: 38 107 C 3 T 6 C/T 38 241 C 4 T 5 C/T 38 247 T 4 C 5 T/C 38 259 T 3 C 6 T/C... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate tabular data based on a column value from an existing data file

Hi, I have a data file with : 01/28/2012,1,1,98995 01/28/2012,1,2,7195 01/29/2012,1,1,98995 01/29/2012,1,2,7195 01/30/2012,1,1,98896 01/30/2012,1,2,7083 01/31/2012,1,1,98896 01/31/2012,1,2,7083 02/01/2012,1,1,98896 02/01/2012,1,2,7083 02/02/2012,1,1,98899 02/02/2012,1,2,7083 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: himanish
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a UNIX/perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perl/unix script to read and write the data using perl script? Regards, Ravi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate Join clause based on key data

Hi, I have a file pk.txt which has pk data in following format TableName | PK Employee | id Contact|name,country My Output should be Employee | t1.id=s.id Contact| t1.name=s.name AND t1.country=s.country I started of like this: for LIST in `cat pk.txt` do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple text files and copy data to csv

hi i need to extract lines from multiple files to a csv file. for example, i have these 3 files file1.txt date:29dec1980 caller:91245824255 called:8127766 file2.txt date:11apr2014 caller:9155584558 called:8115478 file3.txt date:25jun2015 caller:445225552 called:8117485 (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: lp.descamps
30 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Generate files and use csv data to replace multiple variables in a template

I have a source csv file consists of first field as variable name, and the rest are site-specific information (converted from excel file, where site -specific values in columns). I am trying to create a file for every site using a template and replace the multiple variables with values from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies
SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)

NAME
surfraw-update-path - updates PATH in shell config files SYNOPSIS
surfraw-update-path [-add] [-remove] [-check] [-sys] [-all] [-help] [-shell=SHELL] DESCRIPTION
surfraw-update-path adds the surfraw elvi directory (/usr/lib/surfraw) to your PATH in your shell's config file. Currently it supports bash, sh, csh, tcsh, ash, dash, ksh, pdksh, zsh, rc, and es Don't forget to login again or source your login files for it to take effect. OPTIONS
-check Checks to see if the surfraw config code is present. This is the default. -add Adds the surfraw config code. -remove Removes the surfraw config code -sys Updates the system-wide shell config instead of the user. Must be done as root. -shell=SHELL Selects the shell to configure. Defaults to the value of the $SHELL environment variable. Currently supported shells are: sh, ash, bash, dash, csh, tcsh, ksh, pdksh, zsh, rc, and es. -all Attempts to configure the startup files for all known shells -help Gives a usage message RETURN VALUE
-check returns 0 if the surfraw code is present in the file, 1 if it is not found, or 2 on error. All other options return 0 on success, or 2 on error. ENVIRONMENT
SHELL Used to determine which shell to configure, if -shell is not given. HOME Used to find users config files. ENV Used by posix-compliant shells to specify a startup rc file. ZDOTDIR Used to find user config files for zsh. If not set, defaults to HOME. SEE ALSO
surfraw(1), sh(1), ash(1), bash(1), dash(1), csh(1), tcsh(1), ksh(1), pdksh(1), zsh(1), rc(1), es(1) AUTHOR
Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> perl v5.12.4 2011-07-12 SURFRAW-UPDATE-PATH(1)