Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications One DMZ server reverse proxy for 2 websites Post 303014327 by dakelly on Friday 9th of March 2018 09:54:55 AM
Old 03-09-2018
I have a feeling it may be the firewall that is the issue.

every end user on Network A can access the WP2 absolutely fine, no issues in speed... so this is not the Server for the WP2 website.

in fact it is mainly used on Network A and is only now being presented to Network B.

I will ask for the firewall to be checked again...

it helps to get others to point you in directions and tests to help get a better idea, especially when you been on it a while.

cheers guys... I will report back when I have more info

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reverse Proxy

I have configured reverse proxy through apache...conf file is attached My reverse proxy has a public ip.it is redirecting the request to 172.16.1.43 which is http server.....Now i have a link in Http server's home page which will redirect the request to another Lan zone machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanrc
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Proxy difficulty

Hi I am trying to set up two hosts in a reverse proxy. The reverse proxy already has 8 servers running perfectly, but they are all simply mapping pure addresses, which I have registered internally and externally. The latest two I wish to add are a bit different, they are app servers, one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rboekdrukker
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Software/tool to route an IP packet to proxy server and capture the Proxy reply as an

Hi, I am involved in a project on Debian. One of my requirement is to route an IP packet in my application to a proxy server and receive the reply from the proxy server as an IP packet. My application handles data at the IP frame level. My application creates an IP packet(with all the necessary... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_BK
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do you manage your DMZ server accounts?

I'd just like to know what you use for user account management on your DMZ servers? Do you use the same authentication realm as internally? Do you use a different authentication realm, perhaps only for the DMZ? Do you use local accounts? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache-Reverse proxy and load balancing

Hi All, I have a webpage loaded on server1 with authorization enabled by .htaccess, which can be accessed by http://ipofserver1/index.html. Now im planning a high availabilty load balancing in such a way that if the server1 is down due to some reason it should connect to another server. i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Setup a Reverse Proxy on Squid

Hi all, The scenario is: http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7990/1234z.jpg - With: + 192.168.100.0/24 : internet link (simulation) + Multiple Websites are hosting in local. + Complete DNS configuration. + OS: CentOS 5 - Requirements: Configure Squid Proxy as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidzer0
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Perhaps, different websites on same Apache server.

Reading Apache documentation I come to understand that it can host different websites, either by FQDN or IP address, virtually. Is it possible for an Apache server to run two sites, and no one be able to tell from outside, that they are hosted in the same server? If not possible. Essentially,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configuration Reverse Proxy - https issue

Hi All I need your valuable help on this. Im trying to setup reverse proxy using apache in rhel 5.5. I just started with Apache, and not much idea about going with advance level config, except that i have tried to set up this reverse proxy based on an online guide i found in internet. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niyas_gk
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Reverse proxy tutorials for webserver?

Hi, one member of WJ forum adviced that i setup an reverse proxy for my webserver. So im curious if anyone know about good, easy noob tutorial on hwo to achieve this, please link to this tutorial how to setup reverse proxy for an webserver. Or better for whole node server with OpenVZ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies
UPSSET.CONF(5)							    NUT Manual							    UPSSET.CONF(5)

NAME
upsset.conf - Configuration for Network UPS Tools upsset.cgi DESCRIPTION
This file only does one job--it lets you convince upsset.cgi(8) that your system's CGI directory is secure. The program will not run until this file has been properly defined. SECURITY REQUIREMENTS
upsset.cgi(8) allows you to try login name and password combinations. There is no rate limiting, as the program shuts down between every request. Such is the nature of CGI programs. Normally, attackers would not be able to access your upsd(8) server directly as it would be protected by the LISTEN directives in your upsd.conf(5) file, tcp-wrappers (if available when NUT was built), and hopefully local firewall settings in your OS. upsset runs on your web server, so upsd will see it as a connection from a host on an internal network. It doesn't know that the connection is actually coming from someone on the outside. This is why you must secure it. On Apache, you can use the .htaccess file or put the directives in your httpd.conf. It looks something like this, assuming the .htaccess method: <Files upsset.cgi> deny from all allow from your.network.addresses </Files> You will probably have to set "AllowOverride Limit" for this directory in your server-level configuration file as well. If this doesn't make sense, then stop reading and leave this program alone. It's not something you absolutely need to have anyway. Assuming you have all this done, and it actually works (test it!), then you may add the following directive to this file: I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY If you lie to the program and someone beats on your upsd through your web server, don't blame me. SEE ALSO
upsset.cgi(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSSET.CONF(5)