Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Data Centre meets Vacuum Cleaner Post 303014249 by Neo on Thursday 8th of March 2018 04:40:38 AM
Old 03-08-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg
Or, moral of the story, make sure buttons have the cover in place to prevent accidental bumping.
Yes, and to have proper procedures on how to clean, where to plugin, how close to get to wires, gear, etc. and to have proper supervision if the data center has critical servers that perform critical business tasks and functions.

We call these "controls"..... there are "physical controls" (button covers, LOL), "technical controls" (backup UPS systems, etc) and "administrative controls" (procedures, supervision... )

It's all pretty basic "IT security" Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The HP-UX Porting and Archive Centre

If you're looking for an easy source of free software for HP-UX, look no further. A consortium of major universities and HP user groups have banded together and operate what is simply the finest free software site in existence. The world's best HP-UX software engineers have ported each package... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Management Centre

Hi Guys, Does anyone ever use Sun MC before? If yes, can u share with me how to do the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raziayub
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaner method for this if-then statement?

I have a script that runs once per month. It performs a certain task ONLY if the month is January, April, July, or October. MONTH=`date +%m` if || || || ; then do something else do a different thing fi Is there a neater way of doing it than my four separate "or" comparisons? That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaner way to use shell variable in awk /X/,/Y/ syntax?

$ cat data Do NOT print me START_MARKER Print Me END_MARKER Do NOT print me $ cat awk.sh start=START_MARKER end=END_MARKER echo; echo Is this ugly syntax the only way? awk '/'"$start"'/,/'"$end"'/ { print }' data echo; echo Is there some modification of this that would work? awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanson44
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A cleaner way to rearrange column

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, index name chg_p chg_m 1 name,1 1 0 2 name,2 1 1 3 name,3 1 0 4 name,4 1 0 5 name,5 1 1 I need to duplicate the "index" column, call it "id" and insert it after the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maybe a cleaner way to generate a file?

greetings, to be clear, i have a solution but i'm wondering if anyone has a cleaner way to accomplish the following: the variable: LSB_MCPU_HOSTS='t70c7n120 16 t70c7n121 16 t70c7n122 16 t70c7n123 16 t70c7n124 16 t70c7n125 16 t70c7n126 16 t70c7n127 16 t70c7n128 16 t70c7n129 16 t70c7n130 16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies
Data(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Data(3pm)

NAME
Test::Data -- test functions for particular variable types SYNOPSIS
use Test::Data qw(Scalar Array Hash Function); DESCRIPTION
Test::Data provides utility functions to check properties and values of data and variables. Functions Plug-in modules define functions for each data type. See the appropriate module. How it works The Test::Data module simply imports functions from Test::Data::* modules. Each module defines a self-contained function, and puts that function name into @EXPORT. Test::Data defines its own import function, but that does not matter to the plug-in modules. If you want to write a plug-in module, follow the example of one that already exists. Name the module Test::Data::Foo, where you replace Foo with the right name. Test::Data should automatically find it. BUGS
I'm not a very good Windows Perler, so some things don't work as they should on Windows. I recently got a Windows box so I can test things, but if you run into problems, I can use all the patches or advice you care to send. SEE ALSO
Test::Data::Scalar, Test::Data::Array, Test::Data::Hash, Test::Data::Function, Test::Builder SOURCE AVAILABILITY
This source is in Github: http://github.com/briandfoy/test-data/tree/master AUTHOR
brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2002-2009 brian d foy. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-12 Data(3pm)