Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Data Centre meets Vacuum Cleaner Post 303014243 by hicksd8 on Thursday 8th of March 2018 03:24:18 AM
Old 03-08-2018
I had a similar experience a few years ago when an additional storage unit was urgently added to a system. The cleaner entered the highly secure computer room and unplugged the new unit to plug in her vacuum cleaner. When challenged whether she had switched off the new storage she simply said, "Well yes, I've always used that socket".

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The HP-UX Porting and Archive Centre

If you're looking for an easy source of free software for HP-UX, look no further. A consortium of major universities and HP user groups have banded together and operate what is simply the finest free software site in existence. The world's best HP-UX software engineers have ported each package... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Management Centre

Hi Guys, Does anyone ever use Sun MC before? If yes, can u share with me how to do the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raziayub
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaner method for this if-then statement?

I have a script that runs once per month. It performs a certain task ONLY if the month is January, April, July, or October. MONTH=`date +%m` if || || || ; then do something else do a different thing fi Is there a neater way of doing it than my four separate "or" comparisons? That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaner way to use shell variable in awk /X/,/Y/ syntax?

$ cat data Do NOT print me START_MARKER Print Me END_MARKER Do NOT print me $ cat awk.sh start=START_MARKER end=END_MARKER echo; echo Is this ugly syntax the only way? awk '/'"$start"'/,/'"$end"'/ { print }' data echo; echo Is there some modification of this that would work? awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanson44
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A cleaner way to rearrange column

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, index name chg_p chg_m 1 name,1 1 0 2 name,2 1 1 3 name,3 1 0 4 name,4 1 0 5 name,5 1 1 I need to duplicate the "index" column, call it "id" and insert it after the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maybe a cleaner way to generate a file?

greetings, to be clear, i have a solution but i'm wondering if anyone has a cleaner way to accomplish the following: the variable: LSB_MCPU_HOSTS='t70c7n120 16 t70c7n121 16 t70c7n122 16 t70c7n123 16 t70c7n124 16 t70c7n125 16 t70c7n126 16 t70c7n127 16 t70c7n128 16 t70c7n129 16 t70c7n130 16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies
PPI::Token::Data(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       PPI::Token::Data(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Data - The actual data in the __DATA__ section of a file INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Data isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Data" class is used to represent the actual data inside a file's "__DATA__" section. One "PPI::Token::Data" object is used to represent the entire of the data, primarily so that it can provide a convenient handle directly to the data. METHODS
"PPI::Token::Data" provides one method in addition to those provided by our parent PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. handle The "handle" method returns a IO::String handle that allows you to do all the normal handle-y things to the contents of the __DATA__ section of the file. Unlike in perl itself, this means you can also do things like "print" new data onto the end of the __DATA__ section, or modify it with any other process that can accept an IO::Handle as input or output. Returns an IO::String object. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Data(3)