Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories Data Centre meets Vacuum Cleaner Post 303014219 by gull04 on Wednesday 7th of March 2018 10:52:17 AM
Old 03-07-2018
Hi Joeyg,

You are of course right, however I was advised that this solution was built from disposed of equipment as a short term solution in 2006 and the cover for the ID switch was left in the skip.

Not much help when you are performing the headless chicken dance in the data centre I know, but I'm told that ensuring this won't happen again is now a priority.

I think that they'll probably try and get a cover off aBay, this will probably mean that it will be in service as a temporary solution for an other 12 years.

Regards

Gull04

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The HP-UX Porting and Archive Centre

If you're looking for an easy source of free software for HP-UX, look no further. A consortium of major universities and HP user groups have banded together and operate what is simply the finest free software site in existence. The world's best HP-UX software engineers have ported each package... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Management Centre

Hi Guys, Does anyone ever use Sun MC before? If yes, can u share with me how to do the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raziayub
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaner method for this if-then statement?

I have a script that runs once per month. It performs a certain task ONLY if the month is January, April, July, or October. MONTH=`date +%m` if || || || ; then do something else do a different thing fi Is there a neater way of doing it than my four separate "or" comparisons? That... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaner way to use shell variable in awk /X/,/Y/ syntax?

$ cat data Do NOT print me START_MARKER Print Me END_MARKER Do NOT print me $ cat awk.sh start=START_MARKER end=END_MARKER echo; echo Is this ugly syntax the only way? awk '/'"$start"'/,/'"$end"'/ { print }' data echo; echo Is there some modification of this that would work? awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanson44
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

A cleaner way to rearrange column

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, index name chg_p chg_m 1 name,1 1 0 2 name,2 1 1 3 name,3 1 0 4 name,4 1 0 5 name,5 1 1 I need to duplicate the "index" column, call it "id" and insert it after the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maybe a cleaner way to generate a file?

greetings, to be clear, i have a solution but i'm wondering if anyone has a cleaner way to accomplish the following: the variable: LSB_MCPU_HOSTS='t70c7n120 16 t70c7n121 16 t70c7n122 16 t70c7n123 16 t70c7n124 16 t70c7n125 16 t70c7n126 16 t70c7n127 16 t70c7n128 16 t70c7n129 16 t70c7n130 16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
2 Replies
pvck(1M)																  pvck(1M)

NAME
pvck - check or repair a physical volume in LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
pv_path pv_path DESCRIPTION
This command is supported for arguments belonging to volume groups version 1.0. Attempting this command with arguments belonging to volume groups version 2.0 or higher will result in an error. Note: Currently is only capable of detecting bad checksums caused by a forward system migration after a backward system migration. It should not be used in other situations. The command examines and repairs LVM data structures on a raw disk (pv_path) in a volume group. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments. Repair problems found. Report, but do not repair problems. pv_path The raw device path name of a physical volume. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values Either no problems were found or all problems were corrected. Unable to repair. EXAMPLES
Examine LVM checksums on without modifying anything: Repair LVM checksums on if necessary: WARNINGS
should only be run on a device whose volume group has not been activated. is designed to repair the root device or devices while the system is booted in maintenance mode ("", see hpux(1M) on PA-RISC systems). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
intro(7), lvm(7). pvck(1M)